Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

sorry guys i just need to vent

i have work in 2 hours and ive done my makeup 3 time and each time im taken it off and burst into tears. my face never used to be a problem it was just my back and chest but i could cover that so i was ok. this new pill that the doctor has given me, not only makes me severely moody i have put on so much weight. everything has just got bad, worse then ever. today i dont want to do anything, im fed up with life right now and i cant understand how my face has got so bad when my doctor is supposedly given me something to clear up my skin not make it fucking worse! arrrgh! my brother and sister have always had perfect skin and im the only one who has got this!

im usually so strong but its all just too much for me now and im really starting to struggle with everything. im even crying whilst typing this im such a friggin mess!

Hi Lilly,

I like your quote, "Always remember that striving and struggle precede success, even in the dictionary."

Remember nothing lats forever, regardless if you want it to our don't want it to.

I suggest you see your doctor about the new pill you are taking. Also call in sick for work if you are able to, but normally once your are doing something productive the more trivial things do subside.

Good luck lilly, Im sure there will always be someone here to help you. :)

no my doctor fobbed me off with the contraceptive dianeete, ive tried most topicals and some antibiotics. i went back to the doctors yesterday and i have a hospital referral but that will take months. getting accutane in the uk is hard

i no i no i have just been struggling for 4 years and i dont know how much more of this i can take. when i get to work i enjoy it because the people there make me laugh but they are oblivious to the shit that goes on inside my head.

i think im just overwhelmed in the past four years ive never spoken to anyone or even typed how im really feeling inside or admitted to myself how much this hurts

I'm glad you have a good time at work :wub:

For some people, keeping your problems and your pain to yourself is testament to how strong you are, pride may even play a part.

But you have to remember no matter what, people do care, no one should ever think less of your for sharing how you feel, I for one used to bottle up my pain and emotions for many many years, but recent events have shown me that once in a while it's ok to share your feelings with others, and by god does it feel better.

It's amazing, cliché as it is but 'getting things of your chest' really is fantastic.

i know your right. im usually such a bubbly and bright person who does keep everything to myself . i feel like i dont want to burden people with my shit and if i do i open up i feel vulnerable. so when i do break down (like today) i fall to pieces beacause its like a build up of everything

thanks for your support i really do appreciate it

Ask your doctors if they use the choose & book service, then you can view and change your appointment online so if someone cancels you can get an early appointment.

But it may be difficult to be put on roaccutane depending what the doctor thinks. If you've been taking pills for years then fair enough.

the doctor said that i will be snet an appointment through the post and in the mean time i should continue with dianette so i have absolutely no idea how long it takes

the doctor said that i will be snet an appointment through the post and in the mean time i should continue with dianette so i have absolutely no idea how long it takes

are you taking anything in the mean time? i really hope i get a letter soon because at leat then things can start looking up

are you taking anything in the mean time? i really hope i get a letter soon because at leat then things can start looking up

its frutrating because the doctors make you try so many things knowing that they arent really going to do much so i had to kinda persuade my doctor to let me be refferred to the hospital becaus ehe didnt think my face was too bad but its the bck and chest that is persistant

Im sorry Lily! That sounds like a terrible experience. I hope you start feeling better soon because you deserve it :comfort:

its frutrating because the doctors make you try so many things knowing that they arent really going to do much so i had to kinda persuade my doctor to let me be refferred to the hospital becaus ehe didnt think my face was too bad but its the bck and chest that is persistant

Im sorry Lily! That sounds like a terrible experience. I hope you start feeling better soon because you deserve it :comfort:

thank you :)

thank you :)

Yeah my doctor has been very good but there's not many other prescriptions I can try now lol. Antibiotics had worked very well before but now they seem to have stopped working, or I would have to wait a few more months to see if they will work but I don't want to wait that long any more. It looks awful atm

well guys i think i may have composed my self enough to get my ass to work.

thank you all for your support its just what i needed

no i didnt even notice until about a week ago, but my friend used it and said that she had severe mood swings and became very emotional so she came off it. but i think i should let the doctor know but i dont want him to take me off it as ive heard your skin gets worse so i think i will just persevere until i get my hospital refferal in a few months. yeasterday i was in tears and today i feel great. very bizzare its like split personality

thanks for your help :)

hey lily,sorry to hear that you are feeling so down. i know it takes quite a long time to get an appointment with a dermatolgist. but usualy in my experience. the letter comes a few weeks eariler than what they say the waiting list is.so just keep your fingers crossed.if your acne is bad they should prescribe you accutane easily.i was offered it twice before i decided to take it..wish i took it the first time round..

well i hope your okay

x

yeah i wish i had taken it years ago but im too fixed on fixing my scars right now so im on antibiotics (agaaaaain)

i've been on that pill and i am more than sure that is contributing to your emotional state as well as your skin getting worse....it does intitially with diannette you gotta stick with it and it will get better, promise! Only thing is with that pill you have to come off it eventually and the acne will return when you do so it is good that you're seeking out accutane i hear you're less likely to go into remission with this!

hope you feel better today lilly!

x

yeah i wish i had taken it years ago but im too fixed on fixing my scars right now so im on antibiotics (agaaaaain)

i've been on that pill and i am more than sure that is contributing to your emotional state as well as your skin getting worse....it does intitially with diannette you gotta stick with it and it will get better, promise! Only thing is with that pill you have to come off it eventually and the acne will return when you do so it is good that you're seeking out accutane i hear you're less likely to go into remission with this!

hope you feel better today lilly!

x

hi there, sorry to hear your feeling bad. I am too....I also managed to clear my acne up before with bp but it came back and bp doesnt work anymore...my doctor put me on diantte and ive taken a few months worth and my skin is worse than ever.