Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Bow

Are you still happy living with some acne scars?

I have got five boxcar scars 4 years ago on my forehead and one of the same type on the middle of my nose last three months. For me, the scars look unnoticable in the sun but when I am under the white light, they look so horrible. In fact, I am the girl who likes to dress up. But sometime I have the feeling that I should not happy with this activity anymore because of my face. Oh!! no.

I wanna ask your guy whether you think my scars are so much in numbers. Each of them is about 2 centimeters. I don't want to feel sad anymore. Please help.

I have got five boxcar scars 4 years ago on my forehead and one of the same type on the middle of my nose last three months. For me, the scars look unnoticable in the sun but when I am under the white light, they look so horrible. In fact, I am the girl who likes to dress up. But sometime I have the feeling that I should not happy with this activity anymore because of my face. Oh!! no.

I wanna ask your guy whether you think my scars are so much in numbers. Each of them is about 2 centimeters. I don't want to feel sad anymore. Please help.

I'm a woman with mild to moderate scars, and my boyfriend who has great skin doesn't understand why I spend so much on scar treatments.

No matter what I do, I know I'll always have acne scars. However, I'm generally OK living with scars, bc I know other people notice them much less than I do.

I'm doing Fraxel right now bc I know that will reduce my scars, esp the rolling ones, and improve the overall texture of my skin.

After I'm done with Fraxel, I will probably use Retin-A for the rest of my life and get occasional SilkPeels.

NO! Never! I can never be happy living with those acne scars. Those scars are suckers! It took away my life, happiness and confidence. I will never forgive them! Never! I will try my best to eliminate them. Totally eliminate them!!! I WILL! :shifty:

I'm as happy or a little happier than most people I know. Of course, I'd be happier without acne scars, but after a couple decades of getting used to it, they don't bother me as much as they used to.

When I look around, most people have at least one physical trait that they dislike about themselves. Last week, just by chance, and I saw this man with very deformed face as if he was in a terrible accident. Then a few minutes later I saw a man who was less than four feet tall. Then at a fast food restaurant I stood behind a woman with a hunched back, no front teeth, huge bald spots on her head, and was at least a hundred pounds overweight. I guess I don't hold on to misconceptions of perfection as much as I used to.

Also as I got older, I don't obsess about my looks as much because I've had plenty of boyfriends by now that found me attractive, and I don't think I'd have more guys like me even if I had perfect skin. Perhaps I'm naive, but sometimes I think there are guys out there who are not fixated on perfect skin.

The marks on the right side of my face used to really bug me, and I would be so scared to look in certain mirrors with certain lighting as my heart would just sink, I think I used to make it worse by comparing the area of my face to people with perfect skin and fronting makeup.

I don't think it's very healthy for people to scrutinize there marks in mirrors with bright lighting, I used to find myself doing this, tilting my head, pulling on certain areas of my face to make it look better, but this really does you no good. I also work in a super market, with really bright lighting and this used to make me feel so uncomfortable and nervous.

I had a recent break out on my good side of my face which made me quite sad, as IT'S MY GOOD SIDE!! but it made me stop worrying about my other marks, and made me realise that they aren't really that bad at all. I just hope my new break out doesn't leave behind any harsh reminders and then I will try to be happy :)

im in pain every day.

My friends say my skin isnt bad at all, and no one has ever said a bad thing to me about it when in an argument (god help me if they do, ill be crushed).. but still its the first thing i think about and the last thing i think about.

There are 3 things i pray for each night and 1 of them is it make my skin good again.

I found even though i got to mine early my procedures caused some of them to get better and some to get worse.

Some new scars definatly from the blood subcision without a doubt.

I also got burnt something BADDDDDDDDDD with a skin peel which hammered me. I mean i got burnt.. i was red like a traffic light for 1 1/2 years... i wonder what my skin would like took if i didnt do anything...

thats a questions i guess we all have asked out selves.

I had about 5 done.

i know of 5 scars that I got .. and to be honest they are 5 of the 6 that annoy me the most - yippy.

Cause the way the neddle went him i think he was trying to disconnect the fibures.. must like excersion.

i used to be a model and i eventually retired because my skin got so bad.. mostly from cyst breakouts.. but now the breakouts have calmed down a lot.. and i'm left with tons of scarring.. it looks like acne but its really scarring.. my friends say "oh your face isn't so bad" and i'm like "i don't want the word bad and my face being in the same sentence".. some days are better than others.. but i've learned i can either accept it and move on or i can work towards improving it.. either way i need to stop complaining to my friends about it.. i mean i get annoyed by people who constantly complain about things they can change- like jobs, education, living situations, etc.. and i realized i was becoming one of those people when i would constantly whine about my face and wasn't doing anything to change it.. but i decided i would work towards improving my face.. i'm not throwing in the towel yet.. and a lot of that has to do with pride.. i got so used to being "perfect" when i was modeling and i miss that.. i fantasize that one day i'll come out of "retirement".. i'm such a loser haha :chuck:

You're right Jeffy...the key is to be able to work towards improving it without getting obsessed with it and letting it affect other areas of your life. Easier said than done, but one thing I've been doing is I've been trying to catch myself when i wanna go to the mirror unecessarily and instead go do something else. Another way would be to get so wrapped up in a project that you have no time to obsess.

What gets me is you start to accept the scars and learn to live with them, then you get a bad break out and it's just so disheartening trying to figure out whether it will scar, and how bad it will scar, and it takes a year to see this. :(

I just noticed this weekend that my sister in law whom I've known for 8 years has facial scars!

I hadn't noticed them ever until this past weekend. It was just the way the light hit her! I wanted to stare at them and ask her why I hadn't noticed them before!

I wonder if people here are way too hard on themselves. Of course you should dress up. Be yourself. Have fun, love life. I know I do.

I realize that they are much more apparent to me than anyone else...Still, perfectionist that I am, I would rather not see them anymore.

My man says it gives me more character... :doubt:

I sometimes have trouble meeting people's eyes when I'm cast in bright light. I find myself trying to use my hair to put my face in shadow.

I just noticed this weekend that my sister in law whom I've known for 8 years has facial scars!

Last night i got on the train to go home. another girl got on and stood infront of where i was sitting. She had long brown hair and was average height.........her face was covered in acne scarring.......i mean there were really noticable indents all over her face......

I looked at her and thought she was absolutely beautiful, seriously......she was......she looked and smiled and then i looked away so she wouldn't think i was starring at her marks......but she was beautiful and in a modern way too

It made me feel like it is true, beauty is in the eye of the beholder and if someone thinks your good looking they will think it regardless of a few acne scars.......

It's a good idea to try looking after your skin and to prevent any further acne (especially cause those spots can be quite painful at times)......but it's also good to realise that you are gorgeous, sexy and beautiful regardless of them......

I work in an image industry, I see my own acne and scars everday, I consider myself to be very fussy about what i like but this person really did impress me.......sometimes when i look in the mirror all i see are my scars (from every angle) and you wonder how someone could find you attractive unless you fix them......but i'm so glad i had this experience because it has given me better understanding....

People who can't see the real you and past those scars really are shallow.......

What that means is - They wouldn't be happy with anyone because to be human is to be not perfect.......

Our understanding of perfect is an airbrushed photo in magazines it is not reality.....

It also means shallow people dont try to see the real you, so even if you had no scars there would be no effort on their part anyway.......(hopefully that's not too confusing)......you truly are better off without them in your life.

Maybe we should all hold our head high and smile now and again.

I don't like MY scars but....

but it's also good to realise that you are gorgeous, sexy and beautiful regardless of them......