Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
aaron_7821

Roaccutane and moisturiser

Hi all,

Just a quick question regarding using moisturiser during 'tane treatment.

I was told to apply it all over my face to protect it from the dryness the medication can cause, but in a Roaccutane Pamplet I received from the derm, it said to "Apply moisturiser or petroleum jelly to keep the skin soft but do NOT apply it to the acne lesions". Will check with the derm again when I see her but in the meantime can anybody help?

What are everybody's experience on this and what kind of moisturiser does everybody use. I'm using Cetaphil 'green' and to wash Cetaphil 'blue'.

I guess I'm on my day 21 right now and things has only gotten really really bad, new cysts and nodules everywhere and is very red, itchy and painful, I just wanted to make sure that I'm doing the correct thing.

Thanks all.

My derm told me to only use moisturiser if my skin is dry, and my skin hasn't really been that dry so I haven't been moisturising much..

Yea it just all depends on how dry your getting. I didnt have a problem with dryness on my face up untill a month ago so untill then i didnt bother moisturising. I only do it in the morning now after my shower and im not flaking that much anyway.

Thanks all. Its nice to be reading everyone's log too, to get to see what all your experiences are.

I guess I was trying to find out that if you do use moisturiser, do you put it over the acne legions as well or avoid them?

Thanks all. Its nice to be reading everyone's log too, to get to see what all your experiences are.

I guess I was trying to find out that if you do use moisturiser, do you put it over the acne legions as well or avoid them?

I'm clear now, but when I had spots I put it all over. It helped with the redness. Check out my products below.

Good luck and hang in there. It is worth it.

You know, I use Cetaphil (the green) lotion. Actually I think the blue face wash is quite drying compared to other cleansers. I am a girl, and I use Neutrogena's fresh foaming cleanser. It is wonderful, though... and only around 5 dollars. In my opinion, it works better than Cetaphil. I will lotion around lesions and then once dry will lotion them too. I use a disinfectent first with a Q-tip. This seems to work well.

In my opinion, I love Cetaphil and am sticking with it... good luck on your course.

i used the cetaphil cleanser and lotion, i just applied it to the entire face. it worked out well.

You know, I use Cetaphil (the green) lotion. Actually I think the blue face wash is quite drying compared to other cleansers. I am a girl, and I use Neutrogena's fresh foaming cleanser. It is wonderful, though... and only around 5 dollars. In my opinion, it works better than Cetaphil. I will lotion around lesions and then once dry will lotion them too. I use a disinfectent first with a Q-tip. This seems to work well.

In my opinion, I love Cetaphil and am sticking with it... good luck on your course.