Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
chicky

Yasmin

Hi Everyone!!

ok... heres my story in short I am 23 and have been suffering with acne for the past 3-4 years. I dont know why it started but like most of you, I have tried absolutely everything to get rid of it with varying results (none of which I have been happy with tho). My doctor recently told me to take Dianne 35 which I did, but after the first month my skin broke out horribly all along my chin, jawline and around my mouth so I stopped taking it and started Yasmin (I had taken Dianne in the past for like 8 months and it never did anything but make my skin worse.. for some reason I thought it would be different this time!! silly me :wacko: ) I have been taking Yasmin for the past 2 weeks, and it has continued to make me break out, however I have noticed my skin is softer with less oilyness and blackheads. I am really really hoping it works (I have a couple of friends that it worked miracles on) but like most of you I am so fed up with empty promises from every product and person who supposedly knows how to clear my skin, that I am starting to freak out. I am so over not going out and missing social events because of my skin and to be honest I dont know how I can last another 3-6 months of it while Yasmin kicks in, and worse still if it doesn't! :wall:

I suppose I just want to know if my acne problem seems like the type that will clear up with the BCP from those of you that have been there and done that??

Everyones body processes each birthcontrol pill differently. Ive been on Yasmin for six months and my acne isnt improving. Its gotten more cystic. However there are other members on this site its worked a miracle on, Lo Lee Ta for example

Everyones body processes each birthcontrol pill differently. Ive been on Yasmin for six months and my acne isnt improving. Its gotten more cystic. However there are other members on this site its worked a miracle on, Lo Lee Ta for example

chicky,

i've got the SAME problem. all along the jawline, a mess! and big painful ones too. i'm about to start my 3rd pack and the only improvement i saw since starting Yasmin was in the very beginning and then it got progressively worse. i'm going to stick it out 1-2 more packs though. keep us updated of your progress.

I just finished my second pack. I will start my third in a week's time. My skin is a lot calmer these days. Perhaps also thanks to Roaccutane and Doxycycline. But I will stay Yasmin to maintain results.

When I was 14, I started with Diane 35 as well...but it just fucked up my hormones even more, made me break out like crazy, made me have massive mood swings, weight gain etc.... So I switched to Yasmin, and I have been on it for about 4 years now...and although my skin has calmed down a lot since I was 14, I still have a lot of clogges pores and comedones and such...But with Yasmin I didn't have any negative side effects and such which is good. But I guess everyones skin is different

Thanku for replying!!

I dont know what to do... since going on yasmin my skin has broken out severly all alony my jaw line, and its driving me crazy... it hasn't been this bad in like 2 years!! i've only been on it a month or so, so I'm assuming I should wait it out :think:

I just started Yasmin two nights ago and woke up today with six small bumps along my jawline. Booo! :cry: I don't kow if it's the Yasmin, the IB from spiro still, not sleeping well, or because I'm not doing my skin care routine due to my new guy staying over (I put concealer on at night). I'll give it a while, but I'm scared because I'm going to Europe in 5 weeks and my skin is so crappy!

UPDATE

I dumped the guy (asshole) and ditched the pills. After three nights of taking them, I couldn't figure out whay I was feeling so sick and messed up. Connection? I don't know, but I do know I don't react well to BCP.

UPDATE

I dumped the guy (asshole) and ditched the pills. After three nights of taking them, I couldn't figure out whay I was feeling so sick and messed up. Connection? I don't know, but I do know I don't react well to BCP.

I stopped my bc like half way through and as long as you used other protection (pregnancy wise) you should be okay. The only effect I had was I started my period right away. My skin looks a lot better now.

I only took three pills. It made me feel like shit. Extreme nausea, dizzy, my anxiety was out of control, heart racing. I don't care if it screws up my cycle. I don't think I'm close to ovulation, so I hope there's no chance of pregnancy. This guy was totally not worth it.

I only took three pills. It made me feel like shit. Extreme nausea, dizzy, my anxiety was out of control, heart racing. I don't care if it screws up my cycle. I don't think I'm close to ovulation, so I hope there's no chance of pregnancy. This guy was totally not worth it.