Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hey guys, I started using Mandelic Acid recently. I fit it into my regimen. I have to say that I really do like it. During the day I have a hard time with redness and inflammed breakouts. This stuff completely gets rid of the redness and the inflammation. My only problem is that ive been using it for a week and im getting breakouts here and there still, specifically whiteheads. I was wondering if anyone else had the same problem with it? I thought maybe its just the purging period since it is an exfoliant. thanks for any help.

It could be purging. I had some mild purging when I started using mandelic acid. And any product will take longer than a week for you to know if it is working. Unless your skin is getting a lot worse, or unless you are getting a rashy kind of breakout, I'd give it a couple of months before you decide if it is working.

Which mandelic product are you using?

Haha, I posted this in over-the-counter products too and you left me a reply. Thanks, and im using Nucelle Mandelic 10% Serum. I tried MaMa lotion before but that was very sticky and it burnt whenever i applied it. I will def. give it a month at the least, I always stop treatments too soon and Im not going to do that this time. I just was hoping this is purging and not a reaction to the product. thanks to everyone who posted.

Haha, I posted this in over-the-counter products too and you left me a reply. Thanks, and im using Nucelle Mandelic 10% Serum. I tried MaMa lotion before but that was very sticky and it burnt whenever i applied it. I will def. give it a month at the least, I always stop treatments too soon and Im not going to do that this time. I just was hoping this is purging and not a reaction to the product. thanks to everyone who posted.

I thought you sounded familiar... :think: Good luck with the NuCelle!! I used that for awhile, and it seemed to work well.