Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ACNE SINCE 2006

ugh...the hardest part!!!! EYEBROW!

Oh...eye brows aren't the hardest part!!

I use MAC Brow Shader and MAC Brow Finisher. Brow Shader is a powder for your brows and is much more natural than a pencil, especially if you have dark hair. Just throw some on with an angled brush and swipe clear Brow Finisher over my brows and I'm done!

Your eye brows are sisters, not twins!! They don't have to be identical, just similar!!

I HATE my eyebrows. Did i mention I HATE them?!

They are completely different, and to boot, don't even look like sisters. So I am currently in the process of letting them grow out and have my waxer shape them for me.

My eyebrows are not even close to symmetric, natural or even with careful plucking. I doubt waxing would be able to make them look similar, too. It has taken some light trimming of my brows with mustache scissors to get them closer to symmetric because of the direction the hairs grow and overlap.

I HATE my eyebrows. Did i mention I HATE them?!

They are completely different, and to boot, don't even look like sisters. So I am currently in the process of letting them grow out and have my waxer shape them for me.

Mine are as close to symmetrical as they'll ever be. I doubt anyone's are perfect, cuz no one's face is perfectly symmetrical. I can even just see how my brow bone area is different, there's no way my brows could ever be identical.

If you can't get a good shape on your own going to a pro may be a good idea. After that you can even follow their own work with tweezers as they grow back in.

I agree that powder looks way more natural than pencil. I use light reddish brown eyeshadow to fill my brows in, cuz I have reddish brown hair. You don't even need an actual "brow shadow", but you can just find an eyeshadow that works. I'll fill them in & then kind of smudge it in so that they don't look too "done".

You can also use a clear mascara as a brow groomer. It will slick your brows in place & make them look very neat. I use Maybelline Great Lash in clear cuz the wand is on the smaller side & it works well for brows. I tend to have long hairs, and even when trimmed up my brows look so much better if they are slicked in place. It can kind of help you to manipulate how the hairs fall so the brows appear more similar.

I think if you have light brows you want a slightly darker shade than your hair color to make the brows show up more. If you are brunette you want a lighter shade so you dont end up looking like Groucho Marx :P

Be careful when using eye shadows as brow fillers because eye shadow has more oil in them than brow powders, so it can smudge a little easier than brow powders. I used an eye shadow for the longest time because I couldn't find anything close enough to my brow color. Until the new MAC Brow Shader sets came out and Browning matches perfectly. As an added bonus, the MAC Brow Shader includes a highlighting powder as well.

I think I want to try Anastasia's Brow Kit from Sephora.

rush, my hair is dark brown (its been described as 'chestnut') which mac brow powder color would you recommend? thanks

rush, my hair is dark brown (its been described as 'chestnut') which mac brow powder color would you recommend? thanks

If you use a brow powder or corrector, you probably don't need a colored finisher. I use a brow powder and a clear wax-based brow finisher to keep them in place.

Is powder really better? :think: I've always used pencil - kind of gently shade in, then comb. I have dark brown hair/kind of reddish in the sun.

i don't particularly like my eyebrows either. my hair is red, and they were already much lighyer before the BP..now they are just bleach blonde. i use a pencil right now and i think i do a pretty decent job of making it look kind of natural, but i should probably switch to a powder.

Is powder really better? :think: I've always used pencil - kind of gently shade in, then comb. I have dark brown hair/kind of reddish in the sun.