Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
peacezotch

Girls In Relationships

This may seem like a pointless post..but it arises from curiousity. I've had a boyfriend for 4 months now and he has not seen me without makeup...and he sleeps over often. So yes I wear a light mask or wear makeup(heaven forbid) to bed..ssh! I just want to know if any of you in relationships are confident enough to show your true face to your partner. If so did this come with time, assurance from your partner or just self confidence?

Yes. I have, if he's been with you that long, he should care for you enough to not care about what you look like without make-up.

Yes. I have, if he's been with you that long, he should care for you enough to not care about what you look like without make-up.

amen. =) i am not sure if 4months would be long enough, really. i personally wouldnt be into someone (meaning 4months wouldnt be long enough for me to be very confident about ones relationship) like crazy in 4months so it really depends on a person. my last ex bf, the longest iv ever dated, has never seen me without make up. to be honest, i do, i mean i DID the same trick as you. my skin was really nice, i didnt have any acne back then, but i still wore a very little bit of a liquid foundation. it honestly didnt really make a difference on how i looked but it just made ME feel better, made ME feel more confident, you know? i am sure i am going to meet someone ONE DAY and i will let him see me w/o ANY make up but i also know that hes the one i am going to marry heeheehee

Yea 4 months is still fresh.. I need to build up more confidence in myself. I know he can see past it and tells me he see's nothing wrong with my skin..though this is with makeup. I am fully aware that my scars are still visible with the makeup though. Believe it or not..he is on his way over now..I have no makeup on and I'm not sure I want to put it on. The lights will be off though, just the T.V. and he'll be leaving at 6am so it will still be dark...sssh scars and acne just suck. But yea I'll see how it goes...plus I can feel the love so I really don't think it will be that big a deal!

Guest Mumblesorusjen

yup he has seen me w/o it & didn't care really. but i don't let it happen all the time.

On my face yeah, not without body makeup though, I have large cysts on my chest :(

In saying this I don't think he would actually care, we have only been together for 3 months but been friends for 6 years plus we have been through alot together. I want to look nice for him though.

2 years together=lots of times when I am makeupless.

He needs to love me for me, not who I can 'create' myself to look like. Actually the second week I met the guy, we spent a week together on a houseboat. No makeup, sunburnt, crazy curly hair, and only one bathroom ( with about 8 people :blush: ) and all. He got to know me gooooooddd from the start. ;]

well we live together, so he has sees me every morning and night with out makeup. I dont' really care, neither of us have perfect skin. But then again, we've been together over 4 years. I definitely cared the first year or so.

I don’t have a boyfriend but am kind of seeing a guy, we’ve been on and off for months but never together. Anyways he always stays at my place, even when my acne was at its worst I still didn’t wear make up around him and he always told me I was beautiful. I think it’s about trust, four months is a long enough time to get to know each other, if you feel comfortable enough to be bare faced around him then do it. I think by now in your relationship it’s past the physical attraction stage and more of an emotional one, he’s not going to care what you look like with or without make up, if he’s any sort of guy he’ll like you for the person you are. If not, well then he’s not worth been with anyways.

My ex of four years saw me a couple times with my mint julep mask on :D HOT

heh

and a guy I am dating now came by one time unexpectedly to bring me flowers :wub: but I was mortified because I had JUST put on BP and had no makeup on what so ever. And he still told me I was beautiful, despite my shy glances away and feeling generally like a tool. We've only been seeing eachother a month and hes already seen me with messy, drinking-the-night-before hair, along with racoon eyes and such. I basically put all my cards on the table right away and I cant believe I did it :shifty:

Its definitely a matter of trust, and even someone whos very self confident can still feel very vulnerable if theyre caught at their worst by someone they care for...

When my skin is doing ok I have but otherwise i never let the men i date see me without makeup. My last boyfriend didn't have a problem with it but my current one does so it has been quite an issue for us. I personally don't feel comfortable or confident without at least a little foundation and i've explained it to him and explained that it is my insecurity and not about him. I don't sleep with makeup so when it is dark in my room, he has seen me but not in the light. I just want to feel attractive and even though he says he doesn't care whether i have acne or not, I do. It bothers me. Also i think 4 months isn't that long so if you don't feel comfortable yet, that's ok. I've been with my guy for over a year and a half and i still don't want to go makeupless.

Yeah I think it is about how you feel. Maybe try wearing less & less until you feel comfortable. Like go from a full face of foundation to just some concealer & then finally nothing.

Like everyone says he wont care if he cares about you. Any guy with a brain should realize no woman looks the same without makeup. But if you feel awkward then that can affect how he feels, cuz you'll project your discomfort onto him.

It took awhile for me to feel confident enough to show my naked face, but eventually I did. I still don't feel 100% comfortable letting him see my facial skin, but he's so wonderful about it... I used to wear makeup to bed so he wouldn't see it and reapply all the time when we were out, but I think it made my skin worse...and it would rub off on his clothes and even car (so that was sorta embarassing) and I'd wake up with no makeup on anyways. I figured if he doesn't love me for me then he's not worth it anyways.

Every single one of you intelligent women have offered me such excellent words of advice, thank you. It is so refreshing to be able to express myself freely here, as I can't really with friends..they just wouldn't get it. BTW..I didn't apply makeup last night, the tv was on which offers some light. I noticed he did look at my skin but just a comfortable glance..so I'm sure he noticed..but he didn't act any different towards me. I know it's my own insecurities I must overcome...not whether if he'll accept me as me or not...I must fully accept myself. Baby steps for me but I know I'll get there one day. :)

I was thinking about this some more last night when he was asleep actually. I can cope with him seeing me without make-up on my face because y acne isn't severe there and I think I could with him even if it was. Its more socially acceptable to have acne on your face than it is for a girl to have it over her boobs if you get me. I do often feel so utterley different from anyone else sometimes and have had bad reactions before. When I was 14 I was having a cigarette on this bench and a man 20 something came over and asked for a cigarette, I wouldn't give him one so he looked down my top and shouted 'fuck off you disgusting bitch with pus all over your tits, i don't want your fucking disease anyway' something like that I was just grateful I was with friends who I trust. It just always scares me to show it.

I was thinking about this some more last night when he was asleep actually. I can cope with him seeing me without make-up on my face because y acne isn't severe there and I think I could with him even if it was. Its more socially acceptable to have acne on your face than it is for a girl to have it over her boobs if you get me. I do often feel so utterley different from anyone else sometimes and have had bad reactions before. When I was 14 I was having a cigarette on this bench and a man 20 something came over and asked for a cigarette, I wouldn't give him one so he looked down my top and shouted 'fuck off you disgusting bitch with pus all over your tits, i don't want your fucking disease anyway' something like that I was just grateful I was with friends who I trust. It just always scares me to show it.

some people are such bastards ay!

ive got the same problem with chest (and back) acne and i understand completely about it being/feeling more acceptable on the face. but at least you got a good guy who supports you :) my exboyfriend was cool with it too and would always tell me i was beautiful..problem was he also though a female friend was beautiful too. hence he's now my ex lol.

I've thought about not getting married because of my skin! I have a very understanding boyfriend, but I still feel really conflicted about him seeing me look so bad. It's not just him though, I won't go outside without makeup on or do activities that will remove my makeup (things like swimming). I'm a college student, and I see girls that go without makeup all the time. I've never went to class without makeup on and I'm a senior this year (I did the same thing in high school too). It must be nice to feel so free.

Omg Kat, thats horrible :( I would have ripped off their nuts if they said that to me.

LOL I would rip them off if they said that to me now, I was still just getting some confidence back then, now I would have been like 'wtf are you dong looking down my top you dirty peado' I still actually regret this.

some people are such bastards ay!

ive got the same problem with chest (and back) acne and i understand completely about it being/feeling more acceptable on the face. but at least you got a good guy who supports you :) my exboyfriend was cool with it too and would always tell me i was beautiful..problem was he also though a female friend was beautiful too. hence he's now my ex lol.

Want Mandy to rip his nads off? But aww, yeah i'm pleased I got Alex, I still wouldnt show him without makeup yet though, he must be able to tell though since nothing apart from new skin would cover these bad boys up. He hasn't said anything though bless 'im.

hes seen me without make up and with and hasnt said anything. we've only been together a month, been friends for ~3yrs. im less concerned with him seeing scars on my face than i am him seeing the scars on my back. i sleep in tanks usually with my hair in a pony and when ive stayed with him its a bit awkward because i dont want him seeing my back...like said above, its more acceptable to have acne on your face but no one ever thinks about backs or any other part of the body.

ya all the time. i sleep at him house every weekend and i cant stand wearing makeup to bed. We've been together for over 4 years but i'm pretty sure i stopped wearing makeup around him all the time after maybe...6 months or so.

i've been with the same man for 3 years now (we've been together since our senior year of high school), and he was the one who gave me the confidence to not wear make up. i would go to bed without face make up at night after our first two weeks living together, but it was probably only after living together for 2 or 3 months that he saw me without mascara and my brows filled in.

now though i feel a lot more liberated. i realize that people aren't constantly visually picking over my skin like i am.