Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hi everyone! This is my first post - I've been reading through some of your posts and this seems like a great forum. A little about me - I am 32, and began suffering from acne at around age 12 or 13. I had severe cystic acne is high school and the beginning of college. I took accutane at age 19 or 20, which has helped tremendously with the acne, although I still break out occasionally. My big problem is scarring. I have horrible scars on my cheeks. Rolling, box car, ice pick, you name it. I have also noticed my scars looking worse lately thanks to fat loss in my face. Basically, I feel like my skin is a complete disaster! Anyway, I am getting married (yay!) in September, in about 6 months. I should be totally happy, and I am until I start thinking about my skin. I am so nervous about the pictures, having a make-up artist up close touching my face (what a terrifying idea for me!), and just overall worried about feeling sad on my happy day because I'm obsessing over how my skin looks in the light, and what people think.... having my hair pulled up off my face ... being the center of attention. So, I am wondering if anyone has any suggestions on what I can do to make my scars look as good as possible for the wedding. I am having some consultations with doctors regarding fraxel treatment. But I don't think I will be able to squeeze in enough treatments by the wedding to make a real difference. Has anyone had much success with fillers? I don't care if it's temporary, as long as I look better on my wedding day! I have never done anything significant to treat my scars. I tried a series of microdermabrasions several years ago and it did nothing but waste $600! haha. Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

i have been considering botox for a few scars on my forehead i read a post where a girl had them done they only lasted 4 months i think but she was scar free (don't know how deep hers were though) maybe this could help you?

be careful though you don't wanna do anything too hasty and pay for it on wedding day! Keep researching!

:D

everyone is getting married on these boards today! lol

I'm not sure where you live but if your in the Southern California area..Saline Injectiions with Dr. Sire in Fullerton may be an option for you. Or if you live in an area where this is done, though many people on this board say he may be the only one that does this. Saline injections are suppose to be a great filler and the cost is very reasonable.

I'm not sure where you live but if your in the Southern California area..Saline Injectiions with Dr. Sire in Fullerton may be an option for you. Or if you live in an area where this is done, though many people on this board say he may be the only one that does this. Saline injections are suppose to be a great filler and the cost is very reasonable.

Thank you both for your replies! As a matter of fact, I do live in the L.A. area. I will look into this doctor. By the way, who is better to see for scar treatment, a dertmatologist or a plastic surgeon?

I am meeting with Dr. Helen Fincher ( a derm) on Monday, near UCLA. Anyone ever heard of her? I also saw another doc who was a plastic surgeon. He suggested fraxel, fat transfer (never envisioned myself having lipo!) and subcision.

Contact Dr.Sire at Advanced Medspa..or check the website and get info before you call. I think this place is pretty good because they are dermatologists that perfom various cosmetic procedures to help scars. They also have sample prices for treatments on the website, which is rare. The silicone injections are like subcision not as invasive. Well google advanced medspa and check out the site, it talks all about it. Hope it works out for you, wherever you go. Congrats on the big day :)