Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I'm currently using Olay Complete with SPF 15 but it's not enough to get the moisturizing job done. So where do you get jojoba oil? Is it really expensive? And is it only for really dry skin (like me right now because of accutane)

You can probably get it at your local health food store. I get mine at Trader Joes.

Drugstore.com has it: Desert Essence Jojoba Oil

I have oily skin, but it gets a bit dry from using BP. Jojoba works great with my moisturizer to keep my skin hydrated. Moisturizers alone just havent done the trick for me.

You can probably get it at your local health food store. I get mine at Trader Joes.

I have oily skin, but it gets a bit dry from using BP. Jojoba works great with my moisturizer to keep my skin hydrated. Moisturizers alone just havent done the trick for me.

so you use it along with your moisturizer? well that's good... now I won't have to toss out a brand new bottle of Olay!! :dance:

same. this is the cheapest place i've seen it - 6.99, as opposed to 13.99 or something ridiculous at Whole Foods & other places.

i adore jojoba oil. i have super-sensitive skin, with potentially extreme dryness, and it's helping to keep my hydrated, clear (not entirely, but i'm workin' on it :P), and smooth. it's also noticeably evened out my skintone. my forehead, which has always been pimple free, now just looks better than it did before, and i feel like i have this "glow." and the past few weeks while i've been using it, actually, i've made it a point to thoroughly cover the far sides of my cheeks (i mean further toward my ears), which have been slightly bumpy/rough for as long as i can remember. and the last few days -- esp. today -- i'm actually noticing a difference! i'm sort of shocked. it's sooo much smoother... really feels soft and hydrated. i love this stuff.

i've been using about 4 drops during the daytime (i blot about a half hour in) and 6 at night, both applied to damp skin. though just fyi, i haven't been wearing makeup for a couple months, and i don't know how it would fare under that.