Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
bballplayer05

2 derms, still no tane..

Alright after me first derm denied my request for accutane, so i tried to go to another one.. another denial...

I don't have severe acne nor do i get many cysts, i would classify my acne a 6 on a scale of 1 to 10...

My problem is i have TRIED everything and despite my acne not being horrible, it is nonetheless completely ruining my life... :(

I don't know what to do anymore?

Any advice? :confused:

P.S. Medication wise i have worked my way up the ladder and then back down.. natural remedies all the way to tazorac..

I'd like to see a picture of your acne. Because I don't think Accutane is appropriate for those with mild acne.

I'd like to see a picture of your acne. Because I don't think Accutane is appropriate for those with mild acne.

Alright after me first derm denied my request for accutane, so i tried to go to another one.. another denial...

I don't have severe acne nor do i get many cysts, i would classify my acne a 6 on a scale of 1 to 10...

My problem is i have TRIED everything and despite my acne not being horrible, it is nonetheless completely ruining my life... :(

I don't know what to do anymore?

Any advice? :confused:

P.S. Medication wise i have worked my way up the ladder and then back down.. natural remedies all the way to tazorac..

thank you, that is really good advice...

Its almost like when i went in both of those times thats what i expected to do, however, even though it is tearing me up on the inside i have a really hard time expressing my emotions.. I just kind of take no like a sad puppy and mope my way out of the office..

I suppose maybe the third times a charm, thx for the replies, i'll keep everyone updated

if you were a girl, i'd tell you to wear tons of makeup. everyone says to go to the dermatologist without any make up, that way they can see how bad your skin is... but if it's not THAT bad, if you pile on the make up... they're going to assume it's horrible and you're trying your best to cover it up. lol. that's what i did. they're like, "it's hard for me to see what your skin is like... can you explain what it looks like." i'm like, "ohhh, it's baaaad. bad bad bad." and they're like, "cool. have some tane."

you're a guy, though. guess you could still do it. it would probably work even better since you know... guys don't usually wear make up it. it would look like you were going to extreme measures to cover it. lol.

Keep going to new derms. Go out of your way to explain that you've tried EVERYthing, that the acne is persistent and unresponsive, and that having acne is really limiting your social life and harming your self-esteem. I went to three doctors, I think, before finding one who would let me give it a shot.

if you were a girl, i'd tell you to wear tons of makeup. everyone says to go to the dermatologist without any make up, that way they can see how bad your skin is... but if it's not THAT bad, if you pile on the make up... they're going to assume it's horrible and you're trying your best to cover it up. lol. that's what i did. they're like, "it's hard for me to see what your skin is like... can you explain what it looks like." i'm like, "ohhh, it's baaaad. bad bad bad." and they're like, "cool. have some tane."

you're a guy, though. guess you could still do it. it would probably work even better since you know... guys don't usually wear make up it. it would look like you were going to extreme measures to cover it. lol.