Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
clearskinismine

tips for blending mmu?

Ok, so ive been blending shades to get the right shade and what i have noticed is that the two colours dont really blend together all that well.

If there is anyone esle out there that is currently blending mmu to get the right shade, PLEASE give me some tips how to do it.....i will be forever grateful.

Gagan

i haven't actually done it myself yet, but i did recently purchase some large empty mixing jars for that purpose. may be a silly question, but have you tried putting in the 2 colors into a large mixing jar w/lid and just shaking it up? i bought my jars very cheaply at www.aubreynicole.com (granted, i also bought makeup, so it was worth the shipping). depending on the jar size (i think they offer 4 sizes?) they were about 1/3 to 1/5 of the cost of a similar jar ($4) at Sephora.

yea i tried that. soooooo not working. the powder just sits there. I actually used a toothpick and mixed it manually but it still seem to get streaks of the two colours sometimes. It looks as if they two shades are mixed properly in the container, but if you take out a small sample and smear it, you can see the different shades distinctly.

yea i tried that. soooooo not working. the powder just sits there. I actually used a toothpick and mixed it manually but it still seem to get streaks of the two colours sometimes. It looks as if they two shades are mixed properly in the container, but if you take out a small sample and smear it, you can see the different shades distinctly.

You can buy a mini-grinder from Monave for $15 (see the link below); I've also seen these on eBay--or maybe you have a small (clean) coffee grinder sitting unused at home...

Monave Mini-Grinder

you know... i actually made a thread asking this question several months ago... but im not sure how to go back and like... get a list of all the threads i started. :think: gonna see if i can find it tho.