Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hey world,

So I came across this website a couple of days ago and found it comforting to hear stories of people struggling with acne just like me. Well, like most people suffering from mild to severe acne, I'm going to try everything I can to get on Accutane hopefully this week or next.

A little about my acne history. I'm 22 year old male. Very active ever since I was 16. I played football (with the nasty helmets and all) ran track, etc etc. All without acne/pimple problems. I had beautiful skin...until my first year of college. I started breaking out!!!! and has not stop since. Nothing much changed...still ate the same types of food, remained active etc. So it all began at age 18.

I am 22 and my acne is worse than ever. 4 weeks ago I went on a week long trip to Miami (a lot of drinking, sun, no sleep etc). It was literally the worse week ever with my acne. I came back and went straight to a skin therapist. She put me on some cream and the acne only got worse. After a week on the cream, I decided to try micro-dermabrasion. WORST DECISION OF MY LIFE!!!!!!

This week, it's been about 5 days since the procedure, my face is breaking out EVERYWHERE and VERY OFTEN. It was so bad I had to call in sick for work Monday. Cyst, white heads...the whole nine. I am so embarrassed I can't even look my co-workers in their eyes. All I think about at work is coming home, washing my face and icing my face. It's really bad.

Anyone thinking about micro-dermabrasion....take it from me....DO NOT DO IT!

It's been 4+ years now and I am finally ready to move on with my life and it seems like accutane is the "miracle" drug. I will do everything I can to get on it ASAP.

Please feel free to comment and/or share similar story. Good Luck everyone!!!!

I'm so sorry to hear about your bad experience!! How long has your longest acne treatment lasted? The reason I ask is because it's been my experience that my skin usually gets much worse at the onslaught of a treatment before it "supposedly" gets better while your skin purges itself (this could be what the microdermabrasion treatment did). So if you try new treatment after new treatment without giving them enough time to work, your skin will be seriously screwed up (as mine has been and continues to be from doing this...). The only thing that's helped without causing my skin to freak out has been the regimen (I've been on it for just over two weeks and seeing improvment). I'm also in my early 20s (23) and my skin has gotten worse this past 1-2 years than ever before! I'm not sure what gives...but as my doctor reminded me last week, I can't expect a miracle within a month's time. :(

Also, I don't know if this interests you or not, but I've read on here about male makeup and application tips. Maybe something like that would boost your self-confidence a bit?

Thanks for sharing your story! I wish you the best...!

sounds like you need accutane.. its usually a good decison. im on my 3rd month right now.. im looking alot better for sure! besides one cyst.. lol.. but its all good.

i have a question though, is your face oily? if it is.. then cleaning up your diet will help alot! it use does for me..

GL

Yea micro-dermabrasion is usually a treatment people use to deal with the after math of acne not something to cure it, who ever performed the procedure shouldn't have, but everyone in the acne industry is money hungry with the odd exception

Did you have micro done to treat the acne or to fix scarring? Because the dr should have told you that micro should not be done on anyone with active acne.

I was in the same situation and couldnt take it any longer. There are tons of websites of people selling Accutane and it is the legit stuff.

www.Roacne.com

Thats the one I used, its expensive, $320 for 90 of 20mg capsules but after a rough first 2 weeks my skin is friggin great !!! and its getting better by the day. When my skin all dried up, all these blackheads from everywhere started pushing out and harmlessly clearing ! Any new acne lessions come to a head much much quicker and I no longer have swollen cysts which ruined 2 years of my life, they where a constant nightmare.

This drug has been great for me. I'm self-medicating on 60mg per day and I weight 68kg's. My effects are dry lips, dry skin, dry hair, dry nose. All in all, except for the dry lips, I LOVE the way I feel now !

Oh and after 6 weeks treatment, it seems I can eat or drink just about anything where before I would breakout if I touched fatty foods, fruit and fruit juices (sugar content). Even when i'm finished with the drug, I'm going to buy a supply of 10mg tablets and take one every other day to hopefully keep it from re-occuring. There is a guy on here taking a low dose for over 7 years now and he's still alive and kicking !

All the hype over how harmful accutane is just rubbish ! the way my acne was I couldnt do a damn thing, I estimate loss of earnings of £4-£5000 in 2 years, not to mention ruined relationships, lost friends, missed opertunities, could have went to Canada for a month for the cost of a flight but didnt !

Go get your life back, if a derm wont give it to you, dont hang around a minute longer, buy it online. It is genuine accutane (from Roacne.com anyway), all the usual side effects is evidence enough for me. If it wasnt genuine accutane, then I wouldnt be experiencing all the dryness and after 6 weeks treatment I would probably be in hospital if it was brewed up in some guys bath tub !

best of luck !

Hey world,

So I came across this website a couple of days ago and found it comforting to hear stories of people struggling with acne just like me. Well, like most people suffering from mild to severe acne, I'm going to try everything I can to get on Accutane hopefully this week or next.

A little about my acne history. I'm 22 year old male. Very active ever since I was 16. I played football (with the nasty helmets and all) ran track, etc etc. All without acne/pimple problems. I had beautiful skin...until my first year of college. I started breaking out!!!! and has not stop since. Nothing much changed...still ate the same types of food, remained active etc. So it all began at age 18.

I am 22 and my acne is worse than ever. 4 weeks ago I went on a week long trip to Miami (a lot of drinking, sun, no sleep etc). It was literally the worse week ever with my acne. I came back and went straight to a skin therapist. She put me on some cream and the acne only got worse. After a week on the cream, I decided to try micro-dermabrasion. WORST DECISION OF MY LIFE!!!!!!

This week, it's been about 5 days since the procedure, my face is breaking out EVERYWHERE and VERY OFTEN. It was so bad I had to call in sick for work Monday. Cyst, white heads...the whole nine. I am so embarrassed I can't even look my co-workers in their eyes. All I think about at work is coming home, washing my face and icing my face. It's really bad.

It's been 4+ years now and I am finally ready to move on with my life and it seems like accutane is the "miracle" drug. I will do everything I can to get on it ASAP.

yes microdermabrasion shouldn't be done when you have any acne. you should be clear first before the doctor allows you to get microdermabrasion

Hey world,

Hey world,