Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
JeNNa86

Lookin white in pics

I'm using Physicians formula right now and I'm not liking it because when I take pictures it makes my face really white (the rest of my body is tan). I want to know if there are any good powder foundations that dont do this?

I'm using Physicians formula right now and I'm not liking it because when I take pictures it makes my face really white (the rest of my body is tan). I want to know if there are any good powder foundations that dont do this?

maybe you can apply the foundation you use, then apply a shade up from that colour right afer. maybe this can balance out the whiteness of the foundation. (or you can mix them together) :D

Ive tried PF bronzer til I am extremely dark and it still comes out white. I went on makeupalley and they said it could be the titanium dioxide or sunscreen. They said it happens in mineral makeup.

Yup, Makeup alley is correct. I had the same problems no matter how dark my foundation was when I applied it. When a flash hit my face my face looked so pale compared to my neck. If I am going out at night and I know I will be photographed I use a foundation that does not have sunscreen.

It's the titanium oxide that causes your face to look white in pictures (when flash is used). I remember reading about it a LONG time ago somewhere.

Your best bet is to find a product that doesnt contain titanium oxide, or very little of it.

Whenever I use my PF, and get a picture taken from MY camera, then I look white. But if it's from anybody elses' camera, I look fine. Some camera's tend to make the whiteness even worse.

wow.... so it's the titanium dioxide?

so does that mean the only surefire way to avoid the problem is to wear liquid makeup for pictures? (since as far as i know, pretty much all MMUs contain TD...) man, that kinda sucks. but if i had to, i'd do it...

I haven't noticed that problem with EM in photos. Just Joppa made me ghostly, but that was in all lighting & not just photos. I've use liquid makeup with titanium dioxide & didnt have any issue either. Maybe the color is just off for you.

I haven't noticed that problem with EM in photos. Just Joppa made me ghostly, but that was in all lighting & not just photos. I've use liquid makeup with titanium dioxide & didnt have any issue either. Maybe the color is just off for you.