Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Jen121

I fell off the band wagon...

I don't know why I do the things I do....

I do good with my eating habits, and then I just screw it all up. For the past week I have been stuffing myself to full capacity. Too the point where my tummy hurts and I can barely move I'm so full. Granted its all healthy foods, I still feel like crap afterwards. :sick:

I have read a million books on health, on acne, on digestion, on everything! I have all the knowledge, just need the willpower. Maybe I should start reading things on how to have control of your life!

I had the worst sleep in a long time last night because I decided at 10:00 PM that I was going to eat half a bag of organic dark chocolate chips, I tried going to sleep but that was not a possibility with all the energy I got from eating that! :doh:

On top of that, I'm on a detox program! DUH, don't ya think if I'm trying to rid my body of junk, maybe, just maybe I should stop putting it in as well! :rolleyes:

Its come down to the fact that I can no longer buy the healthy foods I love, because I love them so much, I eat the whole box or pint or container in one sitting! Thats like 6 serving sizes down in one time!

Alright I'm done mentally punishing myself, I just need to gain some control and stop deliberatly, knowingly hurting my poor body :(

I'm sorry to hear that :(, but you seem like you're all clear now and the plus side is you're really pretty too! So don't be so hard on yourself :) You're at a pretty good stance right now, and I know you'll get back into it because judging from all your posts, I can tell how much of a health food fanatic you are :) Just watch, this time next week you'll be good as new!

organic chocolate chips???

thats not healthy at all.

Part of the reason your have acne in the first place is because of insulin surges that messed your body, the other part is an unbalanced o6/o3 balance over your entire life. Aside from the genetic factors.

one thing i could suggest is eating tons of protein at every meal like at least 60 grams because that will fill you up enough to stop eating. I used to do the exact thing that you do and i was hungry all the time because the meals i ate werent filling or satisfiying enough and i thought i had to have something sweet at everymeal but the key is lots of protein and potatoes and learn to use herbs and spices.

thats the way people have been eating since the beginning of time boil meat in a pot throw in some carrots potatoes and herbs salt and theres youre meal and you know what, its tastes absolutly amazing when you do it right and there is no comparison to junk food it literally energizes your soul and eating and cooking start to become very spiritual processes becasue you know the payoff is immense and one you learn this through experiance you will make it a habit effortlessly, then you know you have learned how to cook.

Ive realized that our bodies arent garbage disposals, they are elite machines and the pinnacle of all cosmological evolution and there is no place for manufactured food at all in your diet or processed sugars or artificial colorings or flavorings your body is affected by it all no matter what those companies tell you or the fda decides is safe.

Sorry i guess im really passionate about it all as of lately!!!

xxndnromeoxx: Your so sweet thanks :wub:

autonomous: WOW, that was harsh :confused: But your absolutely right! Iv'e been battling the insulin resistance issue this past year. I lived off ice cream, cookies, cakes, popcorn chicken, pizza, you name junk---> I ate it! Getting acne a year ago, opened my eyes to how unhealthy I was and shone light on my path to diabetes (my mom).

I stink at eating protein. It's mainly because my body doesn't CRAVE it whatsoever. Maybe I am a certain blood type that diet consists of no meat :think: But I know its VERY important and I need to start eating it much more.

I'm glad to be on this site and have all of you to support me. I try to talk to my family and friends about this stuff and they tell me I'm insane for the way I eat. They encourage me to eat junk, my sister just bought me a starbucks giftcard!! I gave it up for lent and I was hoping to ditch it for good, but a giftcard doesn't help that situation :doh:

Oh well, I guess I'll just build a bridge and GET OVER IT!

Thanks for the encouragement! :angel:

Nah don't worry, just remember, we're the socially abnormal ones for wanting to stay healthy, just shun them and keep telling yourself you are doing the right things. :dance: You always have a website full of health food addicts to tell you too!

Like right now, I was making my wheat pasta, and my dad says "gross that's so healthy" lol.

i hear ya

i just finished a good dinner of fish and veggies

except i accidentally dumped about 2 tablespoons of seasoning in and mixed it up before realizing it

which means i just ingested over 1g of sodium in one meal

i can feel the dryness and irritation inside my cheeks now

i hear ya

i just finished a good dinner of fish and veggies

except i accidentally dumped about 2 tablespoons of seasoning in and mixed it up before realizing it

which means i just ingested over 1g of sodium in one meal

i can feel the dryness and irritation inside my cheeks now

wow, u sound JUST like me! i love food in general, and i love cooking, watching cooking shows and reading food magazines. The irony is that I love baked goods and have a big sweet tooth, while at the same time, have also always been interested in nutrition and health. an oxymoron i know. well i love eating, and even though i'll eat very healthy... i'll often still eat too much and too often, and cave into sweet things like ice cream and chocolate. my willpower rocks back and forth. i can't expect myself to be perfect, but i definately know i could do better because i am often just decieving myself! its pretty hard to keep that mindset 24/7 in this junk-laden culture of ours.

you know north america has truly become beyond fat and lazy and sick when putting your health and diet as your #1 priority in life is labelled as an "obsession"

i am also amazed that people need to have studies to prove to them that exercise is actually necessary/beneficial, just...wow

jen i can relate a lot to the things in your post. I've had peculiar eating habits ('fussy eater' has been a nickname for many years now) and having struggled with eating disorders (search 'ednos' specifically) it does sound like you have the same tendencies. After living on chocolate for every meal - lord knows how i didn't put weight on! - i've recently gone back to my super strict healthy eating ways and feel much better though even with the good stuff it's tough i could sit and eat pineapple all day i swear! i feel a pressure to eat right in order to have healthy skin and also to keep a nice figure and so whilst i've accomplished the eating well for good skin i am still super concious of not over doing the intake but part of you thinks 'but it's so good for me i should be able to eat as much as i want!'

by the way i'm not trying to tell you that you have an ED here lol please don't shout! Just some of what you are saying, i understand where you're coming from! i'm definately not underweight i have the hips and the boobs which guys might like yet i still feel like i would feel better if i were paris hilton. (though without the airhead qualities...bless her brain cell) skinny girls make me jealous if i let those feelings in! though there will always be someone better/thinner/more beautiful than you so you gotta just love yourself! :)

well anyway better organic dark choc than other stuff i say...i'm currently holding off eating the dairy/gluten free choc cake in my special treats cupboard..it keeps shouting my name for some weird reason...hmm?

but i just had my oats and hemp seed so i'm good (she says) haha.

by the way you look fab in your pic! :wub:

xxndnromeoxx: Your so sweet thanks :wub:

autonomous: WOW, that was harsh :confused: But your absolutely right! Iv'e been battling the insulin resistance issue this past year. I lived off ice cream, cookies, cakes, popcorn chicken, pizza, you name junk---> I ate it! Getting acne a year ago, opened my eyes to how unhealthy I was and shone light on my path to diabetes (my mom).

I stink at eating protein. It's mainly because my body doesn't CRAVE it whatsoever. Maybe I am a certain blood type that diet consists of no meat :think: But I know its VERY important and I need to start eating it much more.

I'm glad to be on this site and have all of you to support me. I try to talk to my family and friends about this stuff and they tell me I'm insane for the way I eat. They encourage me to eat junk, my sister just bought me a starbucks giftcard!! I gave it up for lent and I was hoping to ditch it for good, but a giftcard doesn't help that situation :doh:

Oh well, I guess I'll just build a bridge and GET OVER IT!

Thanks for the encouragement! :angel:

Heck you call that binging lol you should of seen some of mine after I first went without food. I think i ate 2 weeks of junk food in a day to make up for it. However success isnt from doing it once, its moving without loss of enthusiasm even if you fail or fall.

I found Id eat excellent for months then one day id go easy and have some junk. Then it turns into a week, then a month. Then acne would creep back etc. Even now its hard. Even acne free I want to eat junk and not give a shit. I even ate stuff knowing it would give me acne cos I loved it so much (mainly anything sweet).

Never, never, never give up.

Thank you sooo MUCH for all of your support!

I think the problem with me is that I am BORED with what I'm eating and with life in general lol. I tutor for kids and they have spring break now (so I have some extra time to eat)

I'm also getting sick of all the salads, fish, veggies, apples, etc. I admit I am obsessed with food, I find it fascinating how eating this and that can do so many different things for your body. Heck, I fall asleep every night to a health book!

It was so much easier when I wasn't aware what was good and what was bad. I would just eat it and not have a care in the world (I'm one of those girls that doesn't gain weight) BUT now that I know how that ice cream spikes my insulin and acts as an imflammatory, I feel horrible and so guilty! Like I should be put away for life :shock:

Anyways, I'll be fine, I'll have my bad days. And my good as well (where I'll be here to support you all)

Thank you sooo MUCH for all of your support!

I think the problem with me is that I am BORED with what I'm eating and with life in general lol. I tutor for kids and they have spring break now (so I have some extra time to eat)

I'm also getting sick of all the salads, fish, veggies, apples, etc. I admit I am obsessed with food, I find it fascinating how eating this and that can do so many different things for your body. Heck, I fall asleep every night to a health book!

I fell of the wagon so many times I thought long and hard about even trying to get back on it. I thought - you know sod it ill eat 'normal' and have acne. Then with each new spot I was like 'you can stop this so why the feck arnt you?'. What I found was dont feel bad about the times you arnt spot on with your diet. The key to it was the quicker you get back to eating good the better! almost like 3 steps forward and 1 back...just dont make it 3 steps forward and 3 back like I used to do...cos you'll lose the will to do it and think about giving up totally.

Just a quick suggestion here. I often find that when I binge eat, its because my body is craving something and instead of trying to figure out what my body needs I just eat everything in sight (usually junk). After years of making this mistake, I finally figured out that when I get the urge to binge eat, if I eat 1 of 3 things it goes away. Those 3 things are tuna, brocolli or peanut butter. Sometimes I have to eat all 3 before I figure out that that was what my body was craving. Maybe you have a defiency in a certain vitamin? Lorrie

I think I'm going to start taking a multivitamin to see if it helps, I'm going to do a search right now :cool:

I'm also getting sick of all the salads, fish, veggies, apples, etc. I admit I am obsessed with food, I find it fascinating how eating this and that can do so many different things for your body.

Dont beat yourself up, everything is fixable. Just get back on track and dont stress about it.

I also ate too much at lunch today. I did it on purpose to make sure not to get sick from low blood sugar later, but I HATE the way it feels. Yuck!!!

I think I'm going to start taking a multivitamin to see if it helps, I'm going to do a search right now :cool: