Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
zegogglestheydonothing

Why bother drinking extra water on Accutane?

Welll.... it will keep you from getting dehydrated, help avoid headaches from dehydration, help your skin stay as moist as possible, help with your urinary tract (you might notice your urine becoming darker), help keep eyes and nose moist, etc..

it's really a good idea. water is good for you.

I am not sure that Accutane actually causes dehydration. The fact does seems like a "no-brainer", but dry skin, lips, etc doesn't necessarily mean dehydration. Your skin is dry because it no longer has oil production, not from lack of water...is this incorrect?

I am not sure that Accutane actually causes dehydration. The fact does seems like a "no-brainer", but dry skin, lips, etc doesn't necessarily mean dehydration. Your skin is dry because it no longer has oil production, not from lack of water...is this incorrect?

Yes. Accutane causes overall dryness. If you go a day or two without drinking enough water, your side effects will seem much worse.

It's good to drink extra water anyway, let alone if one is on a drying agent such as tane.

My understanding is that water increases the fluidity of mucous (among many other things), which allows it to better coat the pharynx, nasal passages, and larynx. This can help the dry mouth, crackly voice, and nosebleed symptoms that people occasionally get.

Its also important to limit caffeinated drinks, since these are diuretics and can further dehydrate. So is alcohol, but hopefully you already know to stay away from that. :) A good rule of thumb is to drink a glass of water for every cup of coffee/soda that you drink.

It's good to drink extra water anyway, let alone if one is on a drying agent such as tane.

My understanding is that water increases the fluidity of mucous (among many other things), which allows it to better coat the pharynx, nasal passages, and larynx. This can help the dry mouth, crackly voice, and nosebleed symptoms that people occasionally get.

Its also important to limit caffeinated drinks, since these are diuretics and can further dehydrate. So is alcohol, but hopefully you already know to stay away from that. :) A good rule of thumb is to drink a glass of water for every cup of coffee/soda that you drink.