Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I was sitting at home and about to go to the mall when I realized I hate the looks I get. Rather its because of my acne or in my mind, I decided I had to make people who looked anyway know how I felt. I wrote down on about 20 pieces of paper different things.

1. I don't have a problem with myself, so why do you?

2. You don't look perfect yourself!

3. Stand in a room and have others stare at you, doesn't feel good right?

I felt so good after writing them, I raced to the mall. I was nervous at first till an old man sitting in a chair looked at me in disguise. I grabbed a note and handed it to him. He looked confused but opened it. I walked away before he could realize it, since it would make him the butt. To my dismay, I forgot I parked the other way, so I had to go back. I handed out about 5 of the notes and 1 person actually said they were sorry. odd.. I was walking and the old man stood up and looked puzzled. He sat back down as I passed and looked like jumbled words in his word. I want others to try this and see what reactions you get.

Guest Sincerely Me

That is pretty interesting. I don't think many people would have the guts! Kind of on topic, I found writing letters to people and never sending them helped to tremendously ease some frustration.

That is pretty interesting. I don't think many people would have the guts! Kind of on topic, I found writing letters to people and never sending them helped to tremendously ease some frustration.

I was sitting at home and about to go to the mall when I realized I hate the looks I get. Rather its because of my acne or in my mind, I decided I had to make people who looked anyway know how I felt. I wrote down on about 20 pieces of paper different things.

I felt so good after writing them, I raced to the mall. I was nervous at first till an old man sitting in a chair looked at me in disguise. I grabbed a note and handed it to him. He looked confused but opened it. I walked away before he could realize it, since it would make him the butt. To my dismay, I forgot I parked the other way, so I had to go back. I handed out about 5 of the notes and 1 person actually said they were sorry. odd.. I was walking and the old man stood up and looked puzzled. He sat back down as I passed and looked like jumbled words in his word. I want others to try this and see what reactions you get.

That must have been so satisfying :D

You don't know how many times I've wanted to tell someone off like that. Not for me, because I really don't care if it's at me, but when my brother was on chemo and lost all his hair I'd get so upset when people stared or whispered.

His hair's back now, though. I'll remember this for another time I guess.

You know I almost hate to say this cause I hate it when I feel people are looking too.. but...

I think it's human nature to look when they see something they consider out of the norm.

For example.. If you were in a mall and noticed someone with a missing arm. You would probably look for a second or two and then look away. Or if someone had an eye patch or glass eye. I personally do not take offence if someone does the "glance" or once over on me. I believe it's just human nature. What I would find rude is if someone lingered over my acne. As in just stared and stared at it.

I know two people who have serious (non acne) scarring on their face. One who was burned horribly as a child, and one who was knifed as a teen and has a 6inch scar running the length of his cheek through his mouth. It is impossible not to notice. But you do not stare at the scars. When you talk to them you look at their whole face like anyone else.

I was hoping someone else will try it. Its really non confrontational and its just seems like I'm teaching society. My girlfriend hates it since she says she "doesn't see anything on my face". I hate when people aren't honest... :naughty:

the thing is, you don't know why people are looking at you (i mean... you're looking at them too)! despite what the media would like us to believe, acne is a very common problem. they might be taken a little more off guard with a smile and salutation than a note. 'hi. screwy weather isn't it?' or whatever... maybe the old guy didn't like the length of you shorts and was wondering 'whats wrong with this generation?' i don't know what other people are thinking, but it seems a little unfair to presume people are staring at your acne. next time you're in the mall they might stare because you gave them an accusing note and walked away.

i'm in no position to judge anyone for pretty much anything, so do whatever keeps you sane. but you might want to think about that.

and cleardream, acne or not, i'd bet you're a looker! those guys were throwing themselves at you. i'd take it as a compliment... i wish i had that effect on the opposite sex.

You know I almost hate to say this cause I hate it when I feel people are looking too.. but...

I think it's human nature to look when they see something they consider out of the norm.

For example.. If you were in a mall and noticed someone with a missing arm. You would probably look for a second or two and then look away. Or if someone had an eye patch or glass eye. I personally do not take offence if someone does the "glance" or once over on me. I believe it's just human nature. What I would find rude is if someone lingered over my acne. As in just stared and stared at it.

I know two people who have serious (non acne) scarring on their face. One who was burned horribly as a child, and one who was knifed as a teen and has a 6inch scar running the length of his cheek through his mouth. It is impossible not to notice. But you do not stare at the scars. When you talk to them you look at their whole face like anyone else.