Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
cool as kim deal

Paula on mineral makeup

Yes! I just got this in an email and I was dissapointed that she did not review Everyday Minerals, even though I have tried it and I like it, I was just curious to know what she would say. I don't know if it's just me but when I read her reviews/books, I can just tell how mad she is at the companies that make false marketing claims... imagine how furious and flustered she must get when she is at her computer typing up her reports! haha Paula's on a rampage to show us all the truth!

I agree that some claims about MMU are stupid (ie. that it makes your skin better), but the main issue is preference. Not all MMU is great, just like not all liquid is. You have to find what works for you & your skin. For my oily skin, MMU is great. I get good coverage without feeling & looking like I have a mask on & it helps keep me less shiny throughout the day; things I never got with traditional foundation.

She admits that fewer ingredients can often be better for sensitive skin also, & most smaller MMU companies seem to have even less ingredients than the larger MMU companies (ie. EM foundations have only 4 ingredients).

wow, I just read that!

She basically said what alot of us have already figured out. Mineral makeup is mostly just hype.

I also like how Paula has put talc back in the light it should be in. It's safe and as "natural" as any supposedly "mineral makeup". Talc has always performed much better for my super oily skin that these mineral makeups.

I was just going to post this!

I wish she had looked at some of the companies that seem more popular here (AN, EM, Joppa, etc.), but it's refreshing to see a somewhat professional report debunking some of the mineral myths. :D

Mineral makeup is mostly just hype.

I don't think that is a fair statement. There's lots of people who've found MMU to work much better for them.

What I meant was all the advertising surrounding it. And the huge influx of MMU flooding the makeup aisles these days. It turns out it really isn't any better than traditional makeup or traditional powders. It's hyped too much.

And it really burns my butt that these companies promote it as being great for acne prone skin, when in reality it is no better than any other type of makeup.

I'm just glad the truth is out now. If MMU is working for you, great! But if it's not, don't feel bad because there isn't really anything special about it anyway, other than slick marketing.

I read this too and it definitely was an eye opener. I love Paula! I agree with Brandy-if it works, great, but if not-no need to stress about it.

Guest Sincerely Me

Read that too. It was very interesting, but like i has been said before...it works for some, doesn't for others. The primary reason MMU works for me is because I always had a big problem with make up turning orange on my skin or being too dark. I can't go wrong with mineral make up.

I agree with Brandy that Paula does have some points in what she's said, but she's kind of too harsh on it, too. No wonder mineral fans in other forums are practically livid with her report on mineral. They don't think that she's being fair.