Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
UnHappenstance

Had a double peel two weeks after fraxel (microderm/peel)

hi, just wanted to post that I had what is called a double peel done by a medical ethnician who I have been seeing for a few months now to do superficial peels mainly for redness from milia breakouts due to fraxel. going is almost therapeutic in that she has been through a lot of scar treatments herself so is informed in her experience as well as on paper which makes it easier to talk about.

Anyways, the peels are normally painless but this one actually seemed to sting pretty good for a minute. not entirely sure but it might have been a jesners peel, but not sure. I do know it is a peel made by Cosmedix which is out of atlanta and is big into all natural products. My biggest concern was that my skin was well enough healed (15 days) to have something like that done, and she assured me twice that it was okay. I trust her i think. But then I had a microderm (diamond whatever) after the peel and it was kind of interesting. first one I have ever had. I'm not sure how effective they are for scarring but from what I read not to great. I'm not expecting any changes but from what it actually looks like is that I had something done to my skin. I mean it is red like after fraxel but not that red and I have small pin point red spots kind of like fraxel, which she said is normal. I am a little worried, while hopeful though, I guess that it will make my skin appear a lot fresher than it has been rather than just going back to the way it looks all the time.

One thing I really wanted to say is something I am aware of which I think many people on this board are too. And that is that I am trying to do so much at once, it's hard to just relax sometimes and let the process of healing take its course. I want so much to be able to enjoy life and not worry about my skin, however, I'm not really able to do that.

When i first broke out when I was 17 I could still go out however depressed I still was, then onces my acne cleared I was so happy, yet still sort of depressd about scars, but I thought they would go away, I was not ready for college so I did a study abroad program and studied in oxford, Uk and then went to New Zealand and took an internship there, however, after being completely acne free for an entire year, I was still depressed because of the scars and realizing how permanent they were I am kind of where I am now. I don't understand this life stuff how things are just the way they are. Sometimes I feel like I can never be happy again no matter what. It feels like everyday is the same and I cant break free from the bounds that I am tied down to by acne/scars. I feel crazy sometimes, almost in a good way, yet kind of like a freak. ha, just don't know sometimes. i will just hope for the best I guess. that's all I will go on about right now. thanks for listening if you read this.

I'm a lot older than you & just want to emphasize that anyone worth knowing is much more interested in your personality than your appearance, & that the vast majority of folks you meet are NOT really even aware of your acne scars. You're also fortunate to be male & thus not expected to have a super-smooth complexion. Movie stars are generally held to extremely high standards of appearance, but actors like James Wood, Tommie Lee Jones & Ed Olmos have scarred skin, yet are very successful & sought after. Best of luck with fraxel & I hope you achieve an improvement you are happy with, but meanwhile, continue to live your best life - you certainly are well-travelled, so don't allow yourself now to needlessly isolate.

If ithe peel's hurting more than normal, I wouldn't do them. I had SilkPeel (and Smoothbeam) on day 9 after my 1st Fraxel, and neither procedure hurt, but the dr said it was OK.

I hope you are waiting at least 2 weeks after having that peel before doing another FRaxel. Does your Fraxel doctor know you are doing both of these treatments? You could be interfering with the Fraxel treatments by doing this kind of treatments.

thanks, i feel somewhat better today now that my skin has mostly healed and looks a lot better... I don't think I will have something that harsh so close to a fraxel treatment. The only reason I have been doing anything is because of redness and milia breakouts which it does really help with but only for like 1 or 2 weeks, or at least that has been the case in the past. Also, I had my first 3 fraxel treatments one month a part then 4, 5 and 6 at one and half months then waited 3 months and had my 7th.