Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
dancer4life

Dermatologists with acne?

Guest Sincerely Me

I wouldn't imagine many derms would have acne as they can treat it themselves if needed, lol.

Actually the last one I went to had a few bumps that she covered up poorly with make up, she was very young though.

I actually liked that she had some acne... made me feel better, and the fact that she had the patented dermatologist "I will look you in the eye the entire appointment as if I don't notice you have acne" method was a good too... ha!

it could just eba genetics thing. some people are more prone to getting it than others. that derm probably went into his/her field to learn more about his/her acne and to help otheres suffering the same trauma. its not bad for a derm to have acne, they would understand more wut we go through

never been to a derm before so i wouldnt know but...

im sure dermatologists can have acne but they would know how to treat it

I had one with acne . . . a young man, seemed fresh out of med-school. The last derm I saw had perfect, glowing skin. I couldn't stop staring!

i've never seen a derm with acne, mine has flawless skin, you can tell she was older, but no wrinkles. if they do get acne, they would know how to get rid of it for the most part, they have a lot of treatment options at their disposal.

Has anyone ever asked them what they do to keep their skin healthy? Do they have a regimen? or just good genes?

because they probably know how various foods affect the skin and stick to a better diet unlike the majority of people, while prescribing you (the patient) worthless products that are a moneysink

because they probably know how various foods affect the skin and stick to a better diet unlike the majority of people, while prescribing you (the patient) worthless products that are a moneysink

my derm was on accutane, and usually has a few spots every time i see her. i like it better, because she really knows what im going through, shes the first derm ive had that makes me feel important

The esthetician who runs the acne clinic that I go to used to have acne - during her teens and as an adult. An esthetician got her clear when she was in her 30s, so she decided she wanted to do that for other people. She went to beauty school, got her esthetician's license and decided to specialize in treating acne. So, she can totally understand what her clients are going through. And she gets over 90% of her clients clear, so she's also very good at what she does. When she hired another esthetician last year, she hired someone who currently had an acne problem. She got clear on my esthetician's regimen and now also successfully treats acne clients. I think its great because they are evidence of the effectiveness of the treament they use on their clients!

One of my derms had obvious acne scars, but no active acne.

I actually feel more trust toward someone who has been through it themselves.

Well, I was thinking about being a doctor and going to med school, but idk it would be kinda fun to be a dermatologist and ya you would probably have like perfect skin, which I would love.