Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I think this is a good way to start communication with ourselves. And try to be positive as you're doing it.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear me,

I know you have struggled many years to stay afloat, often finding yourself beneath the waters on the verge of suffocation; I know it has been difficult, with many hardships and pain along the way, but you have surmounted that perilous phase. No longer do you find yourself unaware of where you are going. Each step is only the beginning of something grand. As you stand before the bridge, you know it is almost safe to run across it. But there still remains an undying feeling of uncertainty. However, I know you are strong enough to provide care and direction through whatever endeavors may follow. Be kind to yourself, and always cling to what faith resides within. It is precious and an invaluable source of hope and power. You will make it in this world as long as you never give up.

Sincerely,

Myself

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear me,

I understand that your childhood was rough, and that it doesnt seem much better now with the acne. But things will look up, eventually. Nothing in life is forever, may they be spots, or memories. You have a mother who loves you, even if she doesn't see you as much as your friends' mothers do, and you have a loving sister who you mean the world to. You won't become what your father was, even if you are his child. You choose your own fate. You need nothing more than confidence and faith to with this seemingly everlasting fight...

Regards,

Myself

How was that? :sick: God im such a lil sissy.....

im such a sop they brought a tear to my eye. (mind you this new pill im on makes me cry at most things now :))

Walk the Wire, I'm printing that out, framing it, and hanging that on my living room wall. That was bueatiful, profound, and spoke deeply to me.

Well, well, well...

You've wasted too much time, and you need to take some responsibility for your life. You should enjoy life for what it is, and not be miserable for what it isn't. You have already started to do this, and I think ultimately you will be the better for it.

Guest Sincerely Me

Dear me,

Things truly work out best for the people who make the best out of the way things turn out. Life doesn't need to go your way in order to be going somewhere. Understand that there is so much ahead for you to do, so much you have yet to see, and yet to accomplish, and no matter what path you end up on, you will always, no matter what, end up at your final destination, at the place you long to be. If things are supposed to turn out one way, no matter what happens, who walks in or who walks out of your life, no matter what challenges may arise, if it is supposed to happen, it will. Keep dreaming, and keep your head up high, you have the strength within yourself to live a good, happy life. If one day you feel hopeless, lost and confused - in your moment of weakness, I hope you find your sudden determination to succeed. And if at the end of your life's journey, you have nothing but happiness and content, you have everything. I love you.

Sincerely,

Me

Dear me,

Things truly work out best for the people who make the best out of the way things turn out. Life doesn't need to go your way in order to be going somewhere. Understand that there is so much ahead for you to do, so much you have yet to see, and yet to accomplish, and no matter what path you end up on, you will always, no matter what, end up at your final destination, at the place you long to be. If things are supposed to turn out one way, no matter what happens, who walks in or who walks out of your life, no matter what challenges may arise, if it is supposed to happen, it will. Keep dreaming, and keep your head up high, you have the strength within yourself to live a good, happy life. If one day you feel hopeless, lost and confused - in your moment of weakness, I hope you find your sudden determination to succeed. And if at the end of your life's journey, you have nothing but happiness and content, you have everything. I love you.

Sincerely,

Me

dear me,

im feeling shit. anotha red bump appeared on cheek on my bloody clear skin. MY CLEAR skin. they say prevention is the key. im feeling sooo sad. its not fair. why does this happen after ur skin is beginning to improve. is this punishment. one more red bump another punishement . . . ..

i must admit i actually thought all this introspective melodrama was a bit pathetic but after reading the other letters and thinking about it, it actually makes sense and i agree its a good idea. we need to tell it like it is to ourselves every so often simply because no one else will. so, in brutal honesty heres my letter to myself..

to me,

you need to stop thinking and start doing, and you need to do it now. is this where you want to be? is this what you dreamed of when you were a little kid? what the fuck happened? it's taken you 28 years to get this stupid and unless you do something now you're just going to get older, weaker and uglier, and all the things you've always wanted to do will become a distant unfulfilled memory. the longer you wait, the further your dreams are drifting from your outstretched fingertips. so stop waiting until the time is right, stop waiting until your acne is gone or you have more money or you are feeling better. you've been waiting your whole life, isnt that enough? stop thinking about it and just do it. just go and do all the things you're going to wish you had done when you're a bitter old man breathing through a tube in a retirement home, hating yourself for the way you let your life slip away, when its too late. what happened to that little boy who wanted to be an explorer, who wanted to drive a racecar and be brave like a fireman.. that little boy has been crushed and beaten down so often that he's scared to even try anymore. now hes all grown up and he's decided its easier to accept things as they are, hes decided its easier to work a 9-5 job he hates, to look on helplessly at the years relentlessly dropping away, as the promise of what could have been passes him by. he's decided its easier not to.. well fuck easy! easy is how you become that old man, an empty shell of missed opportunities and shattered dreams. its time you gave that little boy another chance. its time to start living your life. really living it, not just existing, and the time to do it is now because you've already started dying.

from me.

Omg. Ministry of Sound - honey - I'm SOOOO sorry about your cat! I've had to put two cats to sleep in the last six months, and I still cry about it at night. The pain will ease - and as much as it hurts, please know Tiger was glad that you were there for him at the end. Please know that.

:comfort:

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge.

There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together.

There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.

The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

T hen you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...

And this one is one of my favorites....

LAST NIGHT

I stood by your bed last night; I came to have a peep.

I could see that you were crying you found it hard to sleep.

I whined to you softly as you brushed away a tear,

"It's me, I haven't left you, I'm well, I'm fine, I'm here."

I was close to you at breakfast, I watched you pour the tea,

You were thinking of the many times, your hands reached down to me.

I was with you at the shops today; your arms were getting sore.

I longed to take your parcels, I wish I could do more.

I was with you at my grave today; you tend it with such care.

I want to re-assure you, that I'm not lying there.

I walked with you towards the house, as you fumbled for your key.

I gently put my paw on you; I smiled and said, "it's me."

You looked so very tired, and sank into a chair.

I tried so hard to let you know, that I was standing there.

It's possible for me, to be so near you everyday.

To say to you with certainty, "I never went away."

You sat there very quietly, then smiled, I think you knew...

in the stillness of that evening, I was very close to you.

The day is over... I smile and watch you yawning

and say "good-night, God bless, I'll see you in the morning."

And when the time is right for you to cross the brief divide,

I'll rush across to greet you and we'll stand, side by side.

I have so many things to show you, there is so much for you to see.

Be patient, live your journey out...then come home to be with me.

- Author Unknown

This gets nominated from me as one of the best threads ever here on Acneorg. This is a bueatiful, profound thread.

I'll try writing my note here soon....

EDIT: I've printed out your letter, Walk the Wire, framed it, and it's now sitting in my living room. As soon as I get my camera (friend's borrowing it), I'll have to post a picture. This has touched me beyond words.

Thank you so much Elsewhere for posting those poems! I lost my boy Pluto (that's him in my avatar) a year a half ago, and I still miss him everyday. He was rescued twice: once as a stray kitten eating garbage from a dumpster, and again when I left and took the cats away from my abusive ex-boyfriend and moved home with my mom. He was so beautiful and special...so loving! He became very ill suddenly and was found dead by the time my sister came home. It kills me that he died alone and I wasn't there to help him or make him feel safe and not scared. Reading this post has reduced me to tears....I'm still bawling 20 minutes later. MinistryofSound, I'm so sorry you lost your friend.

Guess what Tim?

Bad shit happens everyday. At least you can still laugh, right?

Always remember that yo,

Me

This gets nominated from me as one of the best threads ever here on Acneorg. This is a bueatiful, profound thread.

I'll try writing my note here soon....

EDIT: I've printed out your letter, Walk the Wire, framed it, and it's now sitting in my living room. As soon as I get my camera (friend's borrowing it), I'll have to post a picture. This has touched me beyond words.

Dear Me,

I hate you. I don't mean to be so callous, and I apologize for launching so bluntly into it, but you really are rather contemptable. You might want to work on that.

PS: As awful as you are, you're still kinda cute. <3

Dear Me

I know it hasn't been easy. I know you've always been different. I know tho how hard you fought. Remember that first day they took you to the hosptial and did the brain scan and then told you they found something wrong and you cried and they asked you why you were crying and you said "finally at least i belong somewhere". Well you never really stopped belonging, its just hard to find yourself when you're blindfolded.

I know you've tried to hurt yourself, i know you wish god would just kill you but he takes all the people you love instead. I know how you prayed every day and wished on every birthday candle that your family wouldn't fall apart and it did anyways. I know that you can't forget how much you hate the man that murdered your friend. I know how much you miss your best friend and how you cry at night and nobody can hear you.

I was with you when you hid in the library at school wishing you could disappear and never planning on living to be as old as you are. I never left. You were never alone. I am still here. I'm the you that you remember, I am still standing by the door that day you snuck out of 4th grade to wacth the rain looking out in the distance in the rain and thinking how big the world is and how you could do anything. I am still spinning on the grass looking at the sky and still beleiving a unicorn will take us away. I am the 10 year old you that was still okay with being alive, that thought that the world was not a bad place if we all were good to each other, before things went so horribly wrong.

I know how much you got hurt in the years that came. I know how you covered it up with academics and drugs and sleeping and taking the abuse that others dealt. I know how you smile and fake that its all okay and then break down and have them scream at you that you're hopeless, useless and why don't you just get better and i know how much you wish you could but you can't. I know you can't even trust your own mind anymore. I know how much you wish you could just die but don't die on me yet. We aren't finished here. We've lasted this long and there is still something we can do about being around. All this has to count for something, isn't that what you always say? that all this pain has to be to help someone else avoid it? I know you want to go back but even tho you can't i'm here with you to ease the pain. I love you because i'm the only one that ever will unconditionally. I'm the only one that will sit with you in the hosptial when you're alone because they've abandoned you. I was there when you were born and i will be there at the end but we're not ready to go just yet. Remember what we used to sing "one of these days, things are going to be great?" i still beleive it and i'm going to hold your hand because noody else will. just surive for me a little while longer. I promise i'll take care of you.

I promise i'll comfort you. Just think of me and i'll love you when you think nobody else will. It'll be safe here and i'll protect you.

I love you Christina you will always have me.

Love,

me

You know what, have any of you ever thought about how we really are some of the strongest people? And that maybe through our times of weakness and feelings of zero strength, it really is preparing us for something amazing? Or bringing us strength we never thought we could have? Just a thought.