Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
femme25

Looking to go blondER

I am getting so fed up with my hair...I want an ashy blonde, almost platinum color for my highlights but the stupid girl whos been doing my hair seems to only see the color yellow -- I want more of a WHITE color.

So I threw down more $ yesterday to get a touch up and sure enough, stupid idiot does the same thing as usual (my hairdresser I love moved :( ) . I am not happy with it but I dont really want to go back to have her fix it because she "fixed" it the LAST time (you would think I'd learn my lesson, huh?) and I still hated it. I keep going back tho because she does my room mates hair and it looks so good every time :( but on me? NOT SO MUCH.

What do you guys think I should do...just use a purple shampoo in hopes of toning down the brassiness for a month or so and go see someone else about getting it lighter? I dont even know what it is I am saying thats so hard to understand. I know my hair pulls a lot of red but come ON...professional hair stylists should be able to do their frickin job.

Oh and get this: its blotchy too. GOD!! :evil:

My hair is a mousy brown natural color, btw. Just..bullshit.

I feel your pain... I have been trying to get my hair a light blonde again.. but when I went and got my hair done.. she gave me some honey blonde instead and I could barely tell a difference on my hair. I went back to get it fixed and they refused to put in light blonde though without me signing a waver because they said my hair could probably fall out :surprised: So they put in some more honey blonde and im still dissatisfied :doubt:

My mom told me to definitely use purple shampoo to help

I feel your pain... I have been trying to get my hair a light blonde again.. but when I went and got my hair done.. she gave me some honey blonde instead and I could barely tell a difference on my hair. I went back to get it fixed and they refused to put in light blonde though without me signing a waver because they said my hair could probably fall out :surprised: So they put in some more honey blonde and im still dissatisfied :doubt:

My mom told me to definitely use purple shampoo to help

I have had the best luck with Revlon Colorsilk. It took my dishwater blonde/brown hair and lightened it. I have used different color and even mixed two colors for awhile and it worked perfectly everytime. Just be sure to use a shampoo for color treated hair.

Also, I have been interested in using the Sunsilk Blonde Color boost to see how it works. :shrug:

I have had the best luck with Revlon Colorsilk. It took my dishwater blonde/brown hair and lightened it. I have used different color and even mixed two colors for awhile and it worked perfectly everytime. Just be sure to use a shampoo for color treated hair.

Also, I have been interested in using the Sunsilk Blonde Color boost to see how it works. :shrug:

Do you use the root touch up method? Occasionally, I have the same thing happen...it's like I have "roots" showing right after coloring but it is hair color. It doesn't happen everytime. I wonder what the deal is :shrug: Oh, also I notice it doesn't happen as much when I use an ash color :shrug:

Good luck!

:lol: I have bleach on my head right now to go blonder. Born blond maxi, to be exact. Leave it on for two hours with your head wrapped in saran wrap (sans face :lol: ) and it should work for ya.

I have blonde streaks and every other time they use just pure peroxide to get the colour out (look in my profile my hair colour is very dark brown) which goes brassy. I find that the good old lemon juice and sun lightens it the best, remember that just pure peroxide - the stuff which they leave on and its lightness continues to white depending on the length of time you leave it on still accelerates in the sunlight so they do it a shade or two darker especially in the summer to compensate.

Next time I would ask for a standard colour, ask to look through the book instead of saying 'i want blonde' don't let them tell you it can't be done either since i managed to go totally blonde last summer. You want a colour that once it develops it stays that colour and remember to select a REALLY ashy one as it won't come up quite that way on darker hair.

The other thing you can try in the short term is those hair light type 'dyes' that wash in wash out colour meant for blonde hair which makes it a different shade of blonde, they come in sachets and Wella does them forgot the name though. Just do that every other time you wash your hair and it will help.

I ended up caving and calling the salon last night to make an appt with a different girl to get it fixed. I dont trust myself doing it @ home because I have spent hundreds of $'s trying to acheive healthy hair but still maintain a natural look - I cant flush all that time and money away now...

Besides if I F up Ill be in the salon getting it fixed anyway :/

Sooo.. I remember the girl saying she did a level 8 on my hair. When I go in next week (it will have been a week since my last highlighting) do you think its going to fry my hair? I have a feeling they'll tell me "we can do it but it'll frizz your hair pretty bad"

Ughhh

I wouldn't have thought it'd be that hard to bleach mousy brown hair to white...

Personally, I would take matters into my own hands. (And do. I don't go to hairdressers. They generally talk shit)

But, if you want to maintain healthy hair, it might be best to try and get your hairdresser to do your hair how you want it. Tell her to get it white or you're not coming back! ;)

Try getting a white/silver toner (one of the brands like SFX or Manic Panic you get over there) and putting that over the top. And stick with the purple shampoo.