Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
adi0597

Soap and water nothing else.....

Has anyone tried this.... The last time I tried it was probably in the 6th grade... After that point my acne started up..

I am currently 21 and am considering trying this method?

6th grade was a long time ago, if anything regular soap will probably cause more redness and dryness

6th grade was a long time ago, if anything regular soap will probably cause more redness and dryness

I do this anyway and my skin has gotten SO much better! I use Dove Cream Bar (normal one) morning and night along with a product called Medik8 Oil Balance. The medik8 thing is quite expensive but its an awsome product. reduces the amount of sebaceous glands on your skin and contains Salicylic Acid. oh yeh and also exfoliate with Sea Salt every night, missing out a night sometimes.

Guest ~Wolfy~

So you don't do it all then, because you are using all these other things on your face.

I used to get acne all over my face, but now I only wash with purpose gentle cleasning bar and it got rid of the acne on my neck and cheeks. Now I only have it on my forehead and chin which are coincidentally the most oily so I apply bp to those. I think you should try it as maybe if your skin isnt very oily maybe it will help with all of your acne.

I am somewhat amazed at how well this turned out.

My old acne is almost completely gone. My face isn't discolored due to the redness. Instead of spending 30 minutes waiting for stuff to dry I spend 5 minutes tops. My face is a lot less oily.

I don't pick at the acne.... And I am currently 21 so this might be a contributing factor. I use to pick a lot when I was younger.

I have made the conclusion that you need to give your face some freedom as with anything.

I also think adding hot water to wash your face in the shower or sink will help dissolve the oil, but remeber to use moiisturizer after.