Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
kingneptune

Need to gain weight

Hey acne.org friends basically I feel im to skinny and i need to put on weight. I am 173 cm tall and weigh 62 kgs. Can i put on weight without making my acne worse is it possible ? What should eat/drink and anyhelpfull tips ??

Drink water or maybe full fat goats milk. If ur diet is not creating much of a problem for you then id simply find a clean source of protein and eat more with salads and steamed veg. Throw some weights about maybe if lifting dosnt increase ur acne. Add healthy fats like all the EFAs (which will help cut bodyfat), coconut oil and some grass fed butter/or Ghee. Find some good low GI carbs you can tolerate, its different for most people but at worse spuds. Carbs can be a problem and I found to get extra calories I had to increase fats to compensate lack of carbs.

Id thought id add that eating more (like 6 meals, 5k calories) puts a big strain on the body. Digestion is its hardest job so doing more reduces the strength of the immune system. Which isnt good if its already hampered by acne.

Your in the same boat as I am.

I am underweight, and am on a high calorie diet.

I suggest you start eating frequently, but the foods you eat are very important for weight gain.

I make weight gainer shakes almost everyday, (the shake powder has a lot of good vitamins and is high calorie). Typically, your calorie intake should be almost double the average person (give or take your metabolic rate).

Calories will not cause acne, I am not saying go to your local mcdonalds and load up on a 3000 calorie burger, but a good instance of this is to study up on Sumo Wrestlers in Japan. Their diet is perfect, and they are extremely healthy regardless of their weight. They just have high calorie intake.

Exercise is important too, but stay away from cardio. Weight builders never want to burn fat, only build muscle (some exceptions), or burn the fat to put in muscle.

There is so much I could write, but I have only been doing weight gaining for 4 months now.

My dad is helping me with it.

if basmati rice doesnt break you out its a good base for meals with around 700cal for a cup, egg protein, or rice protein weight gainers 450calories per 100gram, goats milk 160cal per 250ml, chestnuts are low in omega 6 but high in calories which is good, chicken, sweet potato, and cans of beans ie lentils, chickpeas all have good calories, you can make your way up to 4000cal easy whilst staying clean

You don't need 5k calories with your measurements. You don't need 4k with your measurements. Unless you are very active and you would have said it.

Acne isn't caused by a weak immune system. The whole reason why you produce whiteheads and inflammation is because of an overactive immune response.

If your weight is stable now, take what you eat usually and add 500 calories worth of food each day. Every few pounds of weight gain, add 50 calories to yourbase amount and keep adding 500 calories. You can add more but with your measurements if you consume 4kor 5k calories you will be gaining fat.

You have to lift weights as well to gain any sort of muscle mass. Compound exercises like squats, bench, deadlifts, etc... are the best. If you are really out of shape bodyweight exercises willdo for now. THings like pushups in various forms, dips, etc...

When I had acne food never really affected me that much so I can't recommend foods other than me parroting what others have said on this forum. Use the search function because there is literally the exact same question asked each week. You can'tgo wrong with lentils though(Just don'teat a ton or else you will end up with too much fiber).

What he said, lift weights and eat protein. Better yet, go to www.bodybuilding.com Read all of their stuff for beginners on basic exercises and nutrition. They could explain it better than anyone posting can. But in a nutshell, eat more, eat more protein, lift and exercise.

Acne isn't caused by a weak immune system. The whole reason why you produce whiteheads and inflammation is because of an overactive immune response.

I have the same problem.

I'm very thin (I'm 17) and would like to put on weight, but food definately affects my acne, and I try to eat very little - mostly soups etc.

So tips on the right foods to eat without breaking out with acne would be helpful:).

I disagree. Sex and lifting weights can brake people out like crazy (also cases where acne free people take steroids and they suddenly get an overhaul of acne). This has nothing to do with an immune response, its to do with hormones and the liver capacity to remove and deactivate them out of the body. If theyre not pushed out of the body they can stay in the blood stream creating dirty blood. Clean blood is paramount when it comes to acne.

I disagree. Sex and lifting weights can brake people out like crazy (also cases where acne free people take steroids and they suddenly get an overhaul of acne). This has nothing to do with an immune response, its to do with hormones and the liver capacity to remove and deactivate them out of the body. If theyre not pushed out of the body they can stay in the blood stream creating dirty blood. Clean blood is paramount when it comes to acne.

Not many peopel break out from weight lifting itself, it's the diet associated with it that does most people in. The amounts of hormones produced really doesn't have that big of an effect. It's like people blaming milk homones as to why milk breaks them out. It's not.

Acne is an immune response no matter what you say. It's the very definition of acne lesions. You can call it your body pushing toxins out or whatever the you like but the only reason why you have whiteheads and inflammation is becuase of an immune response. If you didn't have this immune response you would be covered in blackheads instead.

Anyway food isn't the cire for acne, nor is most anythign else on this board. The cure is when you normalize keratinization. You can have all the toxic blood, glucose, oily face, tons of bacteria, lack of exercise, etc... but if your skin sheds normally, you will never have acne. If you do it's not acne, it's something else like an allergic reaction or hives or something.

Hey acne.org friends basically I feel im to skinny and i need to put on weight. I am 173 cm tall and weigh 62 kgs. Can i put on weight without making my acne worse is it possible ? What should eat/drink and anyhelpfull tips ??