Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
lu lu belle

a new found love for mac

okay, so i used to LOVE mac, but after hearing so many reviews on their foundations breaking people out and having problems myself, i gave up..... well, i was in a wedding this past weekend, and the bride had all the bridesmaids' make-up done at the mac counter. i freaked out!!!! one, i didn't want anyone to see me without foundation; two, i didn't want to breakout; and three, i didn't want the ma to tell me i wasn't washing my face properly and that's why i have acne. (i've been told that before, and it's always embarrassing.)

anyway, i went in with all my foundation on, and the first thing she does is hand me a wipe and tell me to take it all off. ahhhhh! i shared with her my anxieties, and she was totally sympathetic. besides acne, one of my problems is that i have mild eczema, and i was shocked when she said she did too! her top priority then was to make sure my skin was properly hydrated and felt good for the wedding. she then said that possibly one of the reasons i had problems with mac foundation was that i was not breaking it down before washing my face, leaving residue to nestle in my pores and cause pimples. she gave me some of their cleanse off oil to take it off, and i just have to say that was the most pleasant experience i've ever had at any department store make-up counter. she didn't belittle me, made me look fabulous, and i have to say that even though i was worried about using the oil at the end of the day, it really took everything off.

thats awesome, Lexy! thanks for sharing. i, too, love when i experience something positive at a makeup counter. like, not just not negative, but actually helpful and interesting and new. :)

so are you gonna switch to MAC now? or just the cleansing oil? :think: what exact products did she use on you? (i mean just the skincare & makeup base & stuff; you don't have to get into the fancy things... :P

okay, so i used to LOVE mac, but after hearing so many reviews on their foundations breaking people out and having problems myself, i gave up..... well, i was in a wedding this past weekend, and the bride had all the bridesmaids' make-up done at the mac counter. i freaked out!!!! one, i didn't want anyone to see me without foundation; two, i didn't want to breakout; and three, i didn't want the ma to tell me i wasn't washing my face properly and that's why i have acne. (i've been told that before, and it's always embarrassing.)

anyway, i went in with all my foundation on, and the first thing she does is hand me a wipe and tell me to take it all off. ahhhhh! i shared with her my anxieties, and she was totally sympathetic. besides acne, one of my problems is that i have mild eczema, and i was shocked when she said she did too! her top priority then was to make sure my skin was properly hydrated and felt good for the wedding. she then said that possibly one of the reasons i had problems with mac foundation was that i was not breaking it down before washing my face, leaving residue to nestle in my pores and cause pimples. she gave me some of their cleanse off oil to take it off, and i just have to say that was the most pleasant experience i've ever had at any department store make-up counter. she didn't belittle me, made me look fabulous, and i have to say that even though i was worried about using the oil at the end of the day, it really took everything off.

thats awesome, Lexy! thanks for sharing. i, too, love when i experience something positive at a makeup counter. like, not just not negative, but actually helpful and interesting and new. :)

so are you gonna switch to MAC now? or just the cleansing oil? :think: what exact products did she use on you? (i mean just the skincare & makeup base & stuff; you don't have to get into the fancy things... :P

I use a cleansing oil too when I wear heavier makeup, but it's olive oil based. You just have to be careful what oils are in it cuz some can make you break out. But yeah, it really gets all the makeup off, & gently.

i could take or leave mac's foundations, they don't break me out, but they don't even make my skin look as nice as colorstay.

but i pretty much would die without everything else they make!

I use a cleansing oil too when I wear heavier makeup, but it's olive oil based. You just have to be careful what oils are in it cuz some can make you break out. But yeah, it really gets all the makeup off, & gently.

That is super! Glad she put your fears to rest.

A few years ago I ran to the mall and had to go through one of those chain stores to go get a haircut. Anyway, I went in without make-up (my skin was MUCH better than it is now. Now I NEVER go anywhere without make-up, even the gym :( ) This guy at the Clinique counter came out into an aisle and was basically following me saying "we have products to clear up your face". I said, no thanks and rushed off but I was humiliated. I don't think I have sat in a make-up chair at one of those places since :(

I'm glad you had a great experience!! Don't you love Fix+?? I might die without it.

I don't know where people are going when they have horrible experiences at MAC counters/stores. At my store, we always go out of our way to help customers any way we can. I especially like the customers with acne problems. As soon as I say, "Girl you should see my face without makeup right now!!" they seem to get a lot more comfortable. And I always write down this web site and tell them about it. At least five of my customers have switched to the Regimen.

If you like MAC Pigments, you should get Vanilla pigment and sprinkle some Vanilla pigment in the Fix+. Makes your skin look all glowy! But in a subtle way.

thanks so much rush25!! yes, i love the fix+. it's amazing what a little spritzer bottle of water will do for you. :)

honestly, being acne prone, i think most of us go in imagining these mas have perfect skin and neither understand nor are sensitive to our concerns. going in with these prejudgements just make it that much easier to misinterpret anything they suggest. i wish more of them were like you though. i would go to your store!!!! :lol:

thanks so much rush25!! yes, i love the fix+. it's amazing what a little spritzer bottle of water will do for you. :)

honestly, being acne prone, i think most of us go in imagining these mas have perfect skin and neither understand nor are sensitive to our concerns. going in with these prejudgements just make it that much easier to misinterpret anything they suggest. i wish more of them were like you though. i would go to your store!!!! :lol:

that's awesome! thanks for your attention to detail!! (even though i'm not a direct receipient of it.) btw, i love the cleanse off oil. it's very gentle and effective at removing everything!