Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Currently I am using Neutrogena Acne Wash & St Ives Apricot Scrub. I usually get 2 or 3 zits near my mouth & chin. and maybe 1 or 2 zits on my forehead. they're usually big, and once i get rid of one, a new one comes! I have mild bacne, and my dress does show my back off so i would really like to clear that up.

I have a fairly healthy diet, no grease or oil, and most food I eat (carbs) i burn off (im a runner). My hair is usually up, so i dont get extra oils on my face from that.

I have a formal dance coming up in 3 weeks and reallly want this cleared up! Also, does anyone know if a bronzing spray (in an aerosol type can) covers acne (for my back--since im pretty pale and could use a little color too)?

Currently I am using Neutrogena Acne Wash & St Ives Apricot Scrub. I usually get 2 or 3 zits near my mouth & chin. and maybe 1 or 2 zits on my forehead. they're usually big, and once i get rid of one, a new one comes! I have mild bacne, and my dress does show my back off so i would really like to clear that up.

I have a fairly healthy diet, no grease or oil, and most food I eat (carbs) i burn off (im a runner). My hair is usually up, so i dont get extra oils on my face from that.

I have a formal dance coming up in 3 weeks and reallly want this cleared up! Also, does anyone know if a bronzing spray (in an aerosol type can) covers acne (for my back--since im pretty pale and could use a little color too)?

my best advice to you... if youre suffering from a mild acne.. like only a few pimples over here and there..DO NOT, i repeat, DO NOT start using any products that have SA or BP in it. meaning just STAY AWAY from any acne cure products, they only damage and worsen ur skin. only if somone told me earlier, i wouldnt be suffering from acne right now.. mine started of like urs and a friend of mine had a same problem but she was smart and didnt use any acne products.. she just washed her face with hot water for 10minutes then washed it off with cold water.. i always told her to stop and suggested to try all these different acne products, she refused and guess what.. after 8months, shes completely acne free! me? i still have 4-5 active pimples, RED SCARS and these tiny skin colored bumps. and this is like a huge improvement compared to where i was before.. it got better after i started sticking to my "Simple regimen" without any acne products. so what am i saying? just cleanse ur face twice a day with lukewarm water then wash it off with cold water at the end. i know 2 people who suffered from acne.. washed their face with hot water for 10minutes then finished it off with cold water at the end.. no cleanser. did this everyday for a few months, they had NO acne at all..no scars either. i thought about doing it but for some reason, not using a cleanser makes me freak out, esp cause im a girl and wears a make-up.. anyways, hope this helped! OH and if i were u, i wouldnt use st.ives either.. i used to be obsessed with st.ives when i had no acne, used it every day and madde my skin feel smooth and glow but when you have acne, st.ives a bi_ch. it can break u out even more.. but remember, i truly believe that exfoliating is a must when u have acne prone skin.. i do baby brush exfoliate method.

hope u have a great time at ur formal dance!!!!!!!!! =]

Be careful not to overdo it with St. Ives -- I used to scrub with it because the first time I used it my skin was so soft, but what happens is that the granules cause microtears in your skin, which can catalyze additional blemishes. If you do choose to continue using St. Ives, rub VERY VERY GENTLY.

I'm also an advocate of being gentle with your skin -- make sure that you're not overdrying it with the acne products and that you apply oil-free SPF 15 lotion everyday (I use Olay Sensitive Complete).

Good luck!