Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
kristifire

accutane & south florida summertime

i know that there are reports of sensitivity to the sun, but i see that the majority of posters are from up north, or northern europe area... so I was just wondering, stupid idea to do accutane in the summer? (south florida summer... think miami beach...) or what precautions should i take prior to starting...

i can burn very easily, on no medication whatsoever, but i only apply sunscreen to my face.. will i need it on my arms too?

i think it will be fine, just use a high spf sunscreen all over, anytime you are going outside.

I'm moving to Hawaii in may and I'll only be on month 3..... You'll be fine.. just don't be stupid about it and wear sunscreen. :)

just don't be stupid about it and wear sunscreen. :)

hmm, so i guess those trips to my friends horse is out of the question...lol

and i guess skirts and tank tops are out of the question too... :/

guess i'll just be pale white forever....lol

if you are already prone to burning then you should lather the highest spf you can find all over you and wear long sleeves...lol well maybe not long sleeves but protect yourself as much as posisble. I TAN VERY EASILY, have not once burnt in my life even down in the southern carribean with no sunscree whatsoever...

I started tane and about a week in i started to burn in the tanning booth (which i usually go in 2-3 times a week for 10 mins)...i even tried going for half the time and using a low sunscreen 6spf and still got a little pink. Although now after 6 weeks I started going tanning again and am tanning instead of burning, maybe my skin needed time to adjust?

Just be careful, 6 months without sun is hard but it may be worth it =)

so basically, i could get burned very easily then, like.. 10x my normal rate...lol prolly being a little drastic but I am in the miami sun, lol...

has anyone wore tank tops or anything while one accutane? ... I guess it would be okay if I most definately put on sun screen?...

hey though, maybe I'll actually get a tan while on it then...lol

It depends on how your body handles tane....I burnt in the beginning but not anymore.....

but I also never burned.

Maybe start out being reall cautious, if you burn, be more careful and cover up, if not then your good...

depends on the person. i never burn, regularly. we have a tanning bed, and i know this is bad, but i still get in it occasionally. i get in it for as long as i did when i wasn't on accutane. doesn't burn me. doesn't tan me any faster. it's just like if i wasn't on accutane.

If you burn easily just be very, very careful. Accutane makes you ridiculously sensitive to the sun. I was on Accutane during our beach vacation last year... I actually sat underneath a HUGE gazebo that was probably 30-40 feet from the pool, wore 30 SPF, and I burned just from the reflection of the pool. It was crazy, I couldn't believe it.

So just be extra extra careful, and keep your skin in mind any time you go outside.

I use SPF and everything but my skin is still pretty sensitive to the sun. I was never sensitive before accutane. I personally think that during the winter is the best time for accutane based on my skin.