Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Mells

Regimen and College

I will be going to college in the fall and was wondering how I can apply the Regimen while living in a dorm...any advice from people living in a dorm or going to college would be greatly appreciated or from people who have good advice

We do have several college people doing the Regimen, hopefully they will be along shortly. Will you be having your own bathroom? or will you be sharing it with roomates? or an entire floor sharing the bathroom? What is your dorm room going to be like?

i wasnt using the reg, but i did use topicals, i just put them on in the bathroom, or in my room. it's no big deal.

There will be one bathroom per floor...I geuss i could just apply it in my room,hmm its confusing on the best route to take, hopefully other people will help guide my decision

There will be one bathroom per floor...I geuss i could just apply it in my room,hmm its confusing on the best route to take, hopefully other people will help guide my decision

You could wash up in the bathroom, then apply your products in your bedroom. Keep some handiwipes or baby wipes to clean off your hands after applying the products, and you'll probably need a small mirror you can use in your room.

I wasn't on the Regimen when I was in college, but I did use topicals a.m. and p.m. We had a bathroom that two suites shared (so 4 people shared a bathroom and there were two sinks). It wasn't a big deal really.

Thanks Brandy, I think i will just cleanse my face in the shower and by the time i go back to my room and get changed it will be time to put my BP on, which i will do in my room, then moisturizer...shouldnt be a big deal, hopefully I will only have 2 roomates instead of 3 :pray:

Mell, I am a sophomore in college right now, and while I was not on the regimen at the same time I lived in the dorms, I dont see it being a huge problem for you. Go to Target and buy one of those cheap full length mirrors for $5 and hang it on your wall in your room. You dont really need a sink to do this regimen, so just use the mirror so you can see where and how you are applying the topicals (assuming you dont want everyone in the community bathroom to see you). The only time you would have to go to the bathroom would be to wash your hands in between each step (IMPORTANT!), but even then wouldnt be too bad. I remember my bathroom was only about 20 feet from my door.

Good luck!

Thorn,thank you very much for that advice.Yeah,I dont really have any active acne just slight redmarks which is fine i just dont want it coming back, hence why I want to keep applying the regimen at college.

Everyone has their own face care routines in college, I swear, EVERY person I know who washes their face regularly uses some kind of acne wash or Cetaphil, taking care of acne is a pretty normal thing to do. Lots and lots of people use Proactiv, too, and that has really obvious bottles. You don't need to worry about people thinking you're weird if you do the regimen in a shared bathroom. As other people have said, though, you don't need to be in the bathroom the whole time, just to wash your face and wash your hands after applying BP and moisturizer. A mirror and some good lighting so that you can see if you've rubbed in all the BP/moisturizer is all you need.

Yeah, Kim's right. I am in the dorms right now, and I started the Regimen about a month ago...for the most part, I wash in the bathroom and then bp and moisturize in my room, as there is a mirror that came with it (though you could easily get your own).

However, I have done it all in the bathroom and no one even really notices. Like, why WOULD they care? Sometimes my friends will ask what I'm doing and I explain the idea of the regimen (lots of bp, being gentle to avoid irritation) and they go "hmmm" and then try it themselves when THEY put on their medication. lol.

Actually, come to think of it, you're probably better off doing it in the bathroom, as you have to wash your hands a lot...the only reason I can do it in my room and go back and wash my hands all the time is because my room is right across from the bathroom. Trust me, though, you do not want to be walking back and forth all the time if you are far away. Pain in the ass. I wouldn't worry too much.

It's nice having the regimen in college, finally having clear skin gives me time to worry about all the other crap college throws at you...like freaking school...

Good luck next year!

Thanks for everyone that responded, I appreciate it. I'll be trying the regimen in my room and hopefully my roomates wont be gay about it, haha.

dont be embarrassed by it... you'll find out very quickly that your roommates/other people in your building have a lot of weird things about them... my roommates a total wacko haha

you can just do it in the bathroom, maintaining your skin is nothing to be ashamed of

Hey,

I've been doing the regimen at college now for about 3 months and there haven't been any problems. We have two community bathrooms on each floor and I just do the regimen in there.

There are some people that comment on the fact that I always seem to be in the bathroom (due to the long amount of time the regimen takes) but I don't really care what they say because the regimen is working so far and my skin is getting clearer! :surprised:

If you don't want people to see you doing the regimen then the whole mirror in the room thing sounds good and yea, you should at least make trips to the bathroom to wash your hands in between steps.

Well, good luck Mells! Hope you enjoy college life. ;)