Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I read a lot about honey masks online.. but i was wondering if there's a specific type i should be using.. should the bottle say something special like 'organic' or 'raw'?

someone please tell me how this treatment works!

manuka honey has anti-bacterial and healing qualities. search manuka honey on here and u'll find a lot of results. the one with the highest UMF rating (18+ or so) is supposedly the best.

funny i have honey slathered all over my face right now =P (manuka kind) havent been doing it for very long so can't say much, but in the past when i spot treated on new cysts, it made them die out within 2 or 3 days instead of lingering out for 1-2 weeks.

i put on the honey all over my face now for about 30min twice a day. for the cysts i leave it on overnight

from my short experience (I used pure, raw regular honey for 3 weeks and am now using manuka UMF 18+ for about 2 weeks), regular honey is easier to be applied and feels better on the skin because it's less thick. I also found that my skin is smoother after using it.

However, manuka honey seems to be better in preventing breakouts. But it is very thick and thus you might irritate the skin when you apply it.