Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DesertRose

Anyone noticed this?

I'm two weeks into my accutane treatment. Recently, I've noticed that my face is covered with MILLIONS of whiteheads. I'm not sure if they are white heads.....when squeezed, they dont come out as spaghetti threads, but pop out as white grains....like they are covered with a sac.

There are millions of these, on my chin, my cheeks, my forehead.....when I stretch my skin, they are very visible, and when I squeeze them out, they seem to be bigger than the pore they came out from.

To be honest, I derive some fun from squeezing them out, because they always pop out without fail Lol yeah I'm a weirdo.. I got carried away yesterday morning, and was late for my lecture. However, they r still soo many of 'em despite hours of squeezing. Its almost like they reform everyday.

They are annoying! Also, I'm concerned that squeezing them out will leave me with ice-pick scars (especially since they always seem bigger than my pores...I'm sure they stretch my pores).

anyone noticed a similar problem with accutane?

does anyone know how I can get rid of this problem without squeezing? Thanks.

I'm two weeks into my accutane treatment. Recently, I've noticed that my face is covered with MILLIONS of whiteheads. I'm not sure if they are white heads.....when squeezed, they dont come out as spaghetti threads, but pop out as white grains....like they are covered with a sac.

There are millions of these, on my chin, my cheeks, my forehead.....when I stretch my skin, they are very visible, and when I squeeze them out, they seem to be bigger than the pore they came out from.

To be honest, I derive some fun from squeezing them out, because they always pop out without fail Lol yeah I'm a weirdo.. I got carried away yesterday morning, and was late for my lecture. However, they r still soo many of 'em despite hours of squeezing. Its almost like they reform everyday.

They are annoying! Also, I'm concerned that squeezing them out will leave me with ice-pick scars (especially since they always seem bigger than my pores...I'm sure they stretch my pores).

anyone noticed a similar problem with accutane?

does anyone know how I can get rid of this problem without squeezing? Thanks.

Looks like accutane is pushing out your clogged pores.

I had the same thing happen to me about 2 weeks in.. but only on my forehead. I am about 1.5 months in and they are still there. I wouldnt pick them too much though as it sounds like some people scar easily on accutane.

Its just the accutane clearing out all your pores. My nose was full of blackheads and they all started coming out like these white plugs. It sounds like your experiencing the same. Im sure you will need/want to get rid of them but just be careful and dont be too aggressive. I found that a moisturiser with SA in it helped to soften them up and then they came out with a very gentle scratch (preferable not with your nail ...i used tweezers). Whatever you use just be patient and dont force anything, they will take many weeks to all come out.

yea it happened to me on my nose so i used scotch tape to get rid of them and i no longer have blackheads anymore.

yea it happened to me on my nose so i used scotch tape to get rid of them and i no longer have blackheads anymore.

mine didnt really happen like that, my bleakheads on my nose just kind of dissapeared... sounds like you lot got the satisfying way haha

I had a million white heads too, but I tried to keep my hands away from them as much as possible.

They went away after a few weeks. As with everything else in life, give it some time.