Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Why me??

Has any stranger commented on your acne before?

Just wondering, has someone approached you and said something about your face/skin before? Maybe he/she just outright taunts you about it, or he/she suggests some medications for you... ever happened before?

*Stranger here means someone other than your family, relative, or friend. It could be your teacher or your bus conductor.

Yes, one time in high school i was walking through the halls (acne was moderate to severe i suppose) and this guy turned around and looked at my face and with disgust loudly proclaimed "Eww!" You do not know how damaging that was to my self-esteem. This is why i have a hard time looking people in the eye to this day even though acne is very mild now.

i rarely look people in the face anymore (even those i have known for 10+ years)

but luckily frequent strength training means that any direct negative comment that does come about my face (which hasn't happened in a long time) won't be met with indifference :)

yes. a woman said "let me tell you about a great product for your skin." I told her "let me tell you about a great diet for your ass." It was at church and I haven't seen her since :P:whistle:

yes. a woman said "let me tell you about a great product for your skin." I told her "let me tell you about a great diet for your ass." It was at church and I haven't seen her since :P:whistle:

Yeah, I used to work at a gym as a personal trainer and I actually had quite a few people say stuff to me about it. One of the older ladies I trained actually said to me once "What's wrong with your skin, do you have AIDS or something?". I was embarrassed for about 2 minutes, but then I realized how much of an idiot you would have to be to confuse acne with AIDS. Another time with an older gentleman, he would always come up to me out of nowhere while I was working and say "Oh, looks like it's getting better". This other younger women would talk to me about it too, but she has acne as well and has been on accutane before, so I didn't mind her talking to me about it. She actually talked to me about it, not just commenting. None of it really bothered me that much. I just figured it was apart of life, but when I realize now that I think "it's just apart of life" I realize how much I have changed because of it.

Yeah, i went on vacation to Brazil (NOONE in Brazil has acne, and NOONE is ugly there), my uncle (who lives there) looks at my face ( i could tell hes starring at my face) and goes "Ur already sick and u just started ur vacation" So i go "Uhh...sure, why not"

Never talked to him after that :)

Wish I could go to Brazil. :(

Anyways, nope. Peoples best bet is to keep comments to themselves. Although I wish someone would so I could release all this anger acne has caused me.

Nope never. I've actually been told that I ahve a great complexion by this one old lady. But she was crazy and could have possibly been saying that to be nice. :doubt:

not really a stranger... but people that i know

i'd knock them cold if a stranger commented about my face :box: