Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
cleardream

PMS: Girls, How much does it affect/disrupt your life?

ON A SCALE FROM 1 TO 10, WITH 10 BEING *MOST* SEVERE...  

49 members have voted

1. 1. On average, this is how much PMS disrupts my life EMOTIONALLY (10=most severe)

• I'm a guy. PMS (emotional) experienced by the girls/women around me DOES affect me.
    • I'm a guy. PMS (emotional) experienced by the girls/women around me does NOT affect me.
  2. 2. On average, this is how much PMS disrupts my life PHYSICALLY (10=most severe)

• I'm a guy. PMS (physical) experienced by the girls/women around me DOES affect me.
    • I'm a guy. PMS (physical) experienced by the girls/women around me does NOT affect me.

so, "emotionally" can involve pretty much anything from crying, anger, general depression, moodiness, whatever...

"physically" could be breakouts, cramps, bloating, headaches/migraines, etc....

wow, Tash, that sounds so difficult! :(:comfort: and you're like... one of the most positive-sounding people in the Makeup forum... guess those are non-PMS days. :D

i think i have it somewhere between you and Laura... mine is like 8 emotionally and 7 physically.

Guest T-Virus

Questions:

How long before their time of month do women start to experience PMS? And how long does it last for?

emotionaly= bit grumpy the day be4 i get my period and the 1st day of it

physicaly= very rarely get cramps, sumtimes lightheaded, feel sluggish overall with no energy

well i don't display emotions really, so i dunno but i could be depressed beacuse of PMS.

but i'm depressed most of the time anyway.

the physical aspects are really bad though. :(

i voted 10 emotionally 8 physically

pms is the bane of my life and i blame a specific pill for it my body hasn't been right ever since! my symptoms also seem to to span two weeks in total from mild to severe to mild again i only get a two week rest! and the second day is the heaviest for me i have to cancel all plans i can't move for the pain or be too far from a bathroom. nightmare!!

:boohoo:

i feel so much better when it does arrive because it's like a big relief - 'oh so that's why i had an emotional break down yesterday' type thing. i'd be more worried otherwise i think!

i kinda like the naughty guilt free chocolate day once a month though. only good thing about the whole palava imo.

Emotionally it doesn't really affect me however for some odd reason last month was really emotional, cried at nothing which is something i've never really done before. The physical on the ohter hand are horrible. I get really bad cramps and really sick, there are some days where i can't get out of bed.

Physically I get cramps and bloated, but I don't get breakouts more than I usually do.

Emotionally, I use it as an excuse to stay home and act like a bitch, even though it actually doesn't affect my mood that much... :ninja:

9 for emotionally.. I turn into a big emotional monster with PMS. 4 for phsycial pain because sometimes I get bad cramps but sometimes I dont... but I always get terrible breakouts.

PMS is a bitch

Guest Sincerely Me

PMS is a monstrosity for me, literally. I started my period young, at at around 16 developed severe cramps, to the point where I literally could not walk. I found out years later that I had endometriosis...however, while slightly lessening the cramp severity which wasn't much, nothing happened. They gave me strong pain medication, and I would take those which would knock me out. Without the meds the pain was a 10...definitely. Emotionally, my period wasn't bad, but the week before my period, or two weeks was horrible, so I will give that an 8 or 9.

Physically I voted a 9, cuz there have been times when I would miss work/school cuz I would be in such pain. I just want to lie in bed with a heating pad. I also feel fatter, my pants don't fit as well :D . I feel exhausted. After the first 3-4 days this all mostly subsides. The first 2 days are the worst. A lot of the grouchiness comes from just being uncomfortable & hurting, not even hormonal mood swings. I wont even go into the obvious, only to say that even without cramps, periods in themselves are just uncomfortable (who wants blood coming from there :X ). It keeps me from doing physical stuff, like yoga/pilates (which I know might actually help with cramps though).

Emotionally I gave it a 7, because I do not cope as well with things. I overreact cuz I just cant deal with it when I am on my period. I also cry easier. The stuff that upsets me is worth getting upset over, just not to that degree. Everything is magnified. Anyone who has been over tired knows how it is when you reach that point where everything is more frustrating & difficult than it has to be. You just want to go to sleep & not worry about anything.

I voted a 2 for emotional cause I may get a little irritable but hey, who wouldn't?! and a 5 for physical cause of the breakouts, maybe a few cramps and bloating, but mostly breakouts!!

I don't usually have it too bad, but every now and again I'll get the most painful cramps ever.. those big nasty ones where you can't walk or move :doubt: last time that happened I was literally crawling along to the cabinet and scrabbling around for painkillers cause I was in absolute agony. Emotionally-wise I find that I'm more susceptible to getting stressed out, and things that wouldn't normally upset me get to me a lot more than they would at other times.. I definately find myself a lot more emotionally messed up around that time. I do feel for you girls who have it really bad... Boo for PMS :(

last time that happened I was literally crawling along to the cabinet and scrabbling around for painkillers cause I was in absolute agony.

I hate that...when you're doubled over in pain & cant even stand up fully. I've done that in the middle of the night, blind without my contacts, crawling to the bathroom in the dark, fumbling through cabinets for Motrin, cursing my mom for moving it to her bathroom.... :D

I get PMS pretty badly, although it's more physical. I think I have endometriosis sometimes. Or maybe I'm just a baby; any kind of stomach pain/cramping is definitely "my achilles heel". Or "kryptonite" if you're in to that kind of thing.

I get really sensitive around that time, too. I was at a resturaunt recently and a waitress told me they had no more soup. I almost started crying. :wacko:

wow, Tash, that sounds so difficult! :( :comfort: and you're like... one of the most positive-sounding people in the Makeup forum... guess those are non-PMS days. :D

i think i have it somewhere between you and Laura... mine is like 8 emotionally and 7 physically.

Indeed they are!

Mine used to be about a 8 emotionally and 10 physically. (sometimes I'd cramp so bad I'd miss work).

Now I'm on the Depo shot and dont get any period at all!!!! :dance:

So I voted a 1 and 1.

Depo - best thing I've ever done!

My PMS is pretty severe. Like the day before my cycle I always feel so gross and ugly, and the littlest thing will make me upset. My mood changes at the drop of a hat. The first day of my cycle, however, my skin looks amazing but I can't even enjoy it because I usually spend most of the day in bed with ridiculously bad cramps....bad to the point where Vicodin barely helps with the pain. I've left work and school early a few times because I couldn't function due to my cramps. No fun :doubt:

Emotionally- I get pretty bitchy, when I'm normally a pretty nice person.

Physically- Some fatigue...I usually get cramps superbad maybe twice a year. As in cramps that make you throw up and such. I remember Christmas Day, about 2 years ago, I woke up w/ the worst cramps ever. I walked downstairs and I couldn't even open my presents- I was in so much pain. I think I took 2 baths and a shower, threw up once, then finally went to bed to see if they would go away.

Then a couple weeks ago at school I suddenly got really bad cramps- I was sweating profusely and felt so close to passing out. Luckily I made it to the nurse in time, and threw up again, then went home.

yippy.

Do any of you know what PMDD (Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder) is? I recently learned about this quite accidently. I was researching menopause and found a website about PMDD. Check out this website: http://www.understandpmdd.com/pmdd/knowwhatitis.html

The website has this awesome diary where you can track your symptoms for 2 months and then print it out and take to your doctor. Definitely worth reading. Check it out. Lorrie

Well, I am bi-polar and I do not take medicine. Imagine how horrible I am when I am on my period. Dear gawd. :( I cry, I lay in bed, I sob, I cry, I cry, I scream, I laugh, I cry, I want to die, I laugh.

It's stupid.