Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Cubsin2100

What do you do during the daytime for treatment?

Hey, I brought this up elsewhere, but since this is what I suffer from, I wanted to get some other advice.

I was wondering what you guys do during the day in terms of treatment? At night, I am on Retin- A Micro .1%, and for the past six months, I've also been doing Duac gel (BP + antibiotic) during the day.

Recently, it has been tearing my skin apart, dry, red, too much flaking, etc. Its too the point where I think all the strain may be worsening my acne? Or at least the strange texture it makes my face seem isn't worth it?

So I was wondering if you guys also apply product during the day? Do you think it is more beneficial just to moisturize, and be able to wash off your face to ride some oil during the day?

Thanks guys.

So I was wondering if you guys also apply product during the day? Do you think it is more beneficial just to moisturize, and be able to wash off your face to ride some oil during the day?

I think you should go with what your skin is telling you. If it's red and flaky/strange texture, you could apply one or both topicals less often or in smaller amounts. Personally my skin does better if I use b.p. morning and night but if I get dry I'll back off to just nights. Hope that helps!