Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Okay...  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Waterproof or Regular?

• I usually or always buy Waterproof
    • I usually or always buy Regular
    • Depends on the brand & type (like, "I always buy WP in Maybelline's Great Lash, but always Regular in Max Factor's 2000 Calorie...")
    • I don't wear mascara
  2. 2. Straight or Curved brush?

• Always or usually buy straight
    • Always or usually buy curved
    • Haven't tried curved, so I don't know
    • I don't care
    • I don't wear mascara
  3. 3. Do you have a favorite brand that you *generally* stick to?

• Maybelline
    • Cover Girl
    • Max Factor
    • L'Oreal
    • Almay
    • Revlon
    • MAC
    • Clinique
    • Estee Lauder
    • Lancome
    • Mary Kay, Avon, or similar
    • Other (name below!)
    • No, I'm always trying mascaras from various companies; it's more about the individual product than brand loyalty.
    • I don't really care... I'll just buy what's on sale or available.
    • I don't wear mascara

i'm also curious - when people have a choice between blacks ("soft black" vs. "very black"), which do they choose? i would've added this to the poll, but it limits the questions to three....

im the 1st to vote! :D

Well here's what i chose:

1. I usually or always buy Regular

2. I don't care

3. Maybelline

interesting - so far two votes for "regular." :think: so does WP just not make a major difference? i guess i figured everyone would go straight for WP... :shrug:

and what about the very black vs. soft black thing?

Guest Mumblesorusjen

i heard that using waterproof mascara only or for a very long time can cause your eyelashes to fall out... So i only wear it when i know i'm going near water.

cleardream, ill answer your question!!!!!

VERY BLACK!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

hahaha noticed how everyone else was talking about something else..

soft black's okay but very black makes my eyes stand out even moree. makes my lashes look longer and more noticeable..hehehe

i LOVE.LOVE.LOVE.ADORE.ADORE.ADORE.LOVE.LOVE.LOVE christian dior's mascara.. they are the best and trust me, ive used all kinds of masacars out ther!! =]

i used to get waterproof but i get the regular one with christian diors [no flake, no smudge..]

interesting - so far two votes for "regular." :think: so does WP just not make a major difference? i guess i figured everyone would go straight for WP... :shrug:

and what about the very black vs. soft black thing?

hahah... thanks, guys! and no problem, Tash. :D

yeah Acne_2006, i've heard some good things about that Dior one. though i'm hoping to fall in love w/a drugstore brand, so i can afford to buy one every 3 months... :P

i hadn't realized so many people would go for Regular... i'll be very curious to see who else votes that way. :think:

and i also wonder if anyone besides me would ever try the soft black... :think:

yeah Acne_2006, i've heard some good things about that Dior one. though i'm hoping to fall in love w/a drugstore brand, so i can afford to buy one every 3 months... :P

i hadn't realized so many people would go for Regular... i'll be very curious to see who else votes that way. :think:

so Dior is THAT good, huh? :think:

ooh - the Sky-High Curves one. yeah, i'd noticed that in the store but never hear anyone talking about it, so i didn't buy it. i thought it (esp. the WP one) might make my lashes crispy/stiff or something. lol.

My choices were Regular,Straight brush, and any company

i dont like WP because i feel like im pulling my eyelashes out when i try to wash it out

I always use regular. WP isn't as good.

Always a straight brush. I hate those curved brushes!!

Very black.

I use Dior's DiorShow mascara. Best stuff on the planet.

I wish I loved Maybelline Great Lash...everyone claims that mascara is amazing. But it is horrible on me. Absolutely horrible. Clumps my lashes together, does not give me any length at all. It would save me a lot of money!

i heard that using waterproof mascara only or for a very long time can cause your eyelashes to fall out... So i only wear it when i know i'm going near water.

I hate waterproof, it flakes & you have to practically rip your eyelid to take it off. I only buy regular. I only buy straight brushes. I like Loreal mascaras a lot, but lately have tried Max Factor. I think I may go back to Loreal.

I also use very black always. I think soft black is for lighter haired people who don't want too dark lashes to contrast with their hair/brows. Still I know blonds who use very black & it looks good.

Almay, black, waterproof always (it's the only kind that will stand up to my oily skin and not produce raccoon eyes).

Diorshow all the way. There is no going back now. To be honest I found it to be a better investment I used to find the cheaper brands dry up quicker and start to clump etc after a short time, the dior one is still going strong so actually it does work out pretty good value.

Mid January, its still going strong as well. This is a miracle as I am a pleb who doesn't screw the cap on properly most days. More worth it than l'oreals own mother.

I ALWAYS use waterproof. If I don't, I get racoon eyes. But I wasn't really happy with most mascara until I tried Lover Drops Tearbaby Mascara [Japanese]--it's the kind that forms tubes. I love it! And I'll never go back to the other kind of mascara again. It doesn't smudge or come off--until I wash it off with warm water--then it just slides off.

It's not on the list but I like the comb type of mascara wand. There's more control.

And I always use the darkest black available. I have blond hair but it looks fine on me.

w00t!! MASCARA!

1) i dont like waterproof! i'll always stick to regular, specially now since my lashes aren't what the once were. :(

2) as for the brush, it really doesnt matter as long as it works. i do hate those new rubber "high definition" brushes (the colored ones, like the one on CG's lash exact) they really suck.

3) and ill say that maybelline is the only brand that gives me good results continuously, no matter which mascara i try from them. also, the fuckers invented the damned thing! :lol: (pardon my language.)

i used to use maybelline's full n' soft wp mascara religiously but switched to bad gal from benefit which i LOVE. seems a lot of people don't like the size of the brush and have clumping problems with it though, but i've never had any issues. oh, and as for the soft black and very black, honestly, i've always wondered what the difference is. i always went for very black, so i've never tried out the soft black, but black is black.... can you really make a distinction?