Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I am 21 right now and using Dan's BP regimen, which really makes my skin basically clear. So probably in the past few month I've had like a 2 or 3 pimples and most of my red marks are gone. Also I think I'm growing out of acne altogether. But that's all besides the point. I just wanted to share with you guys, since I've been through all this "emo shit" myself, that all of these emotional problems are simply self-hate. Now think about this: you are totally in control of how you feel and what you tell yourself. If you have acne - fine, but why make yourself feel bad about it? Just do whatever you can to look better and give yourself a break. Even more, try telling yourself you don't look bad and most importantly don't let yourself form a negative perception of who you are. Seriously, you are your worst enemy in these situations. If you realize that it's simply you who is making yourself feel bad then just take a step back and think - "why am I doing this?". The amazing thing is that this psychology really works and you can get better at it over time. Everyone should try it. Be your own best friend, not your worst enemy. You will soon realize that people are much more willing to accept you with acne or whatever else you may think looks "bad" then you realize. And in the end, there will always be people who will find you and everything about you beautiful.

I am 21 right now and using Dan's BP regimen, which really makes my skin basically clear. So probably in the past few month I've had like a 2 or 3 pimples and most of my red marks are gone. Also I think I'm growing out of acne altogether. But that's all besides the point. I just wanted to share with you guys, since I've been through all this "emo shit" myself, that all of these emotional problems are simply self-hate. Now think about this: you are totally in control of how you feel and what you tell yourself. If you have acne - fine, but why make yourself feel bad about it? Just do whatever you can to look better and give yourself a break. Even more, try telling yourself you don't look bad and most importantly don't let yourself form a negative perception of who you are. Seriously, you are your worst enemy in these situations. If you realize that it's simply you who is making yourself feel bad then just take a step back and think - "why am I doing this?". The amazing thing is that this psychology really works and you can get better at it over time. Everyone should try it. Be your own best friend, not your worst enemy. You will soon realize that people are much more willing to accept you with acne or whatever else you may think looks "bad" then you realize. And in the end, there will always be people who will find you and everything about you beautiful.

this kind of rational thinking is because you have clear skin

when we have clear skin, im sure we'll think like this too... it doesnt take long to forget the bad stuff.

this kind of rational thinking is because you have clear skin

when we have clear skin, im sure we'll think like this too... it doesnt take long to forget the bad stuff.

No no no that's not true. First of all, acne can and usually does leave some emotional scars. For one, you'll be very sensitive to other's people's remarks about your appearance, even if you no longer have any acne or anything. Seriously, I'm experiencing this myself. It's just that you learn to hate the way you look, and even when there's really nothing to hate anymore, you can still get into that mindset.

ok i agree with most of this, specially the "be your own best friend" part, but honestly, did you hold this position back when you had active acne?

Yeah, I think the same thing may happen to me once I stop using BP, but I'm so used to using and it doesn't really bother me at all. Plus, I used to break out some even when being on the regimen and it basically doesn't happen anymore. Plus, I have had really bad acne on my back to which I did nothing and it's basically clear now...I guess I'm growing out, at least I hope lol :shifty: