Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I've been reading around on this board for awhile now, and finally decided to sign up to get help with my acne problems. I've been on the bp regimen for 2 weeks now, and everything is going fine. The only problem is that I have a cyst on my nose thats been there for about a month now. I don't think I'll be able to afford to go to the dermatologist on my family's money, and I don't have any coverage.

The BP has been working good. It's made the cyst a bit smaller, but it is still noticeable from afar. It's smaller than a penny and has a really small head on it. (You have to look up close to see it, because it won't show in a photo) I read some other topics with people and how they deal with their cysts, and I read one about hot compressing. How exactly does that work? And, is there anything else I can do from home to fight this cyst?

Something else to try is not hot compresses, but rather ice. Place an ice cube over your cyst for several minutes, several times a day (morning, noon, night or just morning and night). This helps reduce swelling and redness, and may accelerate it to go away. You could also take an Ibuprofen to help with the inflammation.