Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Adam122234

Attention Rosacea and redness sufferers...get some damn FINACEA!

For the uninformed people...i would suggest hands down that you get Finacea..

First off..it's for people with Rosacea, but not limited to people who also have acne. It kills bacteria...makes your skin shed faster, so you have new, smooth skin. It FADES redness MUCH faster and gets RID of REDNESS...it can be worn in the day time, under makeup....disappears instantly, and it doesn't dry out, or irritate your skin ( some have said it burns and stings..but it doesn't for my face...then again my face has been used to Benzaclin..so results may vary..)

I seriously recommend begging your doctor or derm for some samples atleast...they come in nice 3 gram tubes......just ask for 2-4 and it'll be enough for you to see results and beg for more.

This is the first product that works absolutely great, yet i can still look normal...i normally couldn't wear anything on my face due to the fact that it dried my face out too much, or it looked obvious i was wearing something.

Check it out.

http://www.drugs.com/finacea.html

What is Finacea?

• Azelaic acid is a naturally occurring acid. It helps the skin to renew itself more quickly and therefore reduces pimple and blackhead formation. It also helps to kill the bacteria that cause acne and rosacea.

• Finacea is used to treat acne and rosacea.

• Finacea may also be used for purposes other than those listed in this medication guide.

Update....now since i found something i can actually wear during the day, like during work and etc....i notice my skin looks much better...but more importantly...it's FAR less red and it's holds my acne at bay...so even if it doesn't wipe it out like a BP...it still kills bacteria and maintains your skin....

So far...i like it...i like it a lot.

I'm using it for my mild roseaca and breakouts. It's been pretty gentle on my skin.

You can get it through a doctor it's not over the counter.

Update Numero 2.

Well so far i've been just putting the Finacea on in the morning before school and then i have to go to work straight after that...so i'm pretty much gone for 14+ hours a day before i even make it home. So far i think i love this stuff...my face stays completely like it was when i left my house..it doesn't get worse, it actually gets better acne wise, but in terms of redness...well my face is a far cry from what it was at...my skin actually looks normal...it's even and isn't red or hyperpigmintated....

Honestly if you haven't tried Finacea you absolutely must.......overall this is the best topical i've ever had...doesn't dry, irritate or turn my face weird colors or make it look shiny in spots....it is basically the most gentlest solution i've found to acne and redness....plus i found wearing it in the day works best for me

Interesting. Is this the same drug as Azelex (spelling?) I tried that for the rosacea I had on my nose and it seemed ineffective. Of course, that by no means indicates that the product wouldn't work for others. The only thing that successfully removed the redness from my rosacea was Intensive Pulse Light treatments, so this may be a great treatment for others.

So you have noticed a visible reduction in the redness? I know rosacea can take different forms and for some, they experience a flushing of redness that isn't visible at all times.......for me, the redness on my nose seemed to be a permanent color, highlighted by broken red veins as well.

Update Numero 3 and At Jess ....

Yes, i have noticed for one in many years.... ( 4 years roughly) that my skin is actually even looking...i used to have a mild tint of redness on the areas were i applied BP...but now omg i cannot even believe my eyes...

like i am 99% acne free and my skin is smooth and new looking...my palish / fair skin is actually normal....Yes Finacea is Azelaic acid...but it might have something else in it...whatever it is...it cuts my redness immediately...and i've only been on it for like 2 weeks now. As soon as you put it on it has a slight white hue to it...making redness appear as it wasn't there...then throughout the day you look in the mirror and wonder where the new breakouts are going to be, just to find out there won't be any...and you'll actually make progress just by wearing it on your face...and it's the easiest thing i've ever applied...

It rubs in nice in under 2 mins for my entire face...and this is taking my time..i wait 10 mins, usually eat something and then put a nice light moisturizer on.

It's not drying in the least

It's not irritating in the least

It's not a hassle to apply

It can be worn all day and more and still be effective

It doesn't cause photo sensitivity ( AKA - being susceptible to sunburns )

It has absolutely no down sides for me...and i have skin that turns red in the shower...so i mean i have some pretty sensitive skin we're talking about, so if it's good for me...it's good for the 90% of everyone else.

I would seriously get Finacea ASAP...not only does it treat people with acne and Rosacea, but it is significantly good at getting rid of redness...plus idk about you...but having nice smooth skin feels damn good...it gets rid of the flaky dead skin and showcases your new skin...and it's simply just a natural acid found in fruits or something...

So yes...i'm almost ready to stop using my Benzaclin and just Finacea full time...because i honestly can stay afloat on this stuff with more comfort than using a BP alone...

When it's all said and done...Finacea is a Retin, without irritation and an IB....you won't breakout from this..as it's only getting rid of your top layer of skin...it's constantly shedding your skin, plus azelaic acid has bacteria killing properties...so it's actually helping in 2 ways...what the hell could an acne/rosacea/ redness suffer ask for more?

whoa adam you sound like an infomercial..haha..i'll see if i can get some from my doc to try out. SO after i wash my face i can use finacea on it..i normally put cetaphil after i wash my face...can i still put finacea on my face with cetaphil? under it or over?...b/c i've had a very red face ever since i took and now i'm off accutane...

That's fantastic, Adam :dance: I'm so happy it's working this effectively in such a short period of time. I know it must be exciting to see results that quickly, especially when it comes to something like rosacea. This prescription Finacea sounds like it tackles several aspects of the problem, sort of like it works a different way from traditional acne meds (which can dry out the skin and cause photosensitivity)

Keep us updated and I hope your progress continues unabated :)

Hey stovetop, how long have you been off the tane?

whoa adam you sound like an infomercial..haha..i'll see if i can get some from my doc to try out. SO after i wash my face i can use finacea on it..i normally put cetaphil after i wash my face...can i still put finacea on my face with cetaphil? under it or over?...b/c i've had a very red face ever since i took and now i'm off accutane...

Finacea has been very good to me...no one can tell you have it on and it goes away when your apply it...so i mean it's working in unseen ways. And yes...just apply it and wait like 10 mins before you put on a moisturizer...

Other than that it's easy...works very well for me..

I've been off it for about 45 days now. i just got an acne near my mouth about 2 days ago. and i have about 2-3 acnes still along my jaw line. i've gotten redder since taking accutane as well but my doc says it'll die down gradually although i'm nervous. ii've got lots of scarring on my cheeks and chin as well and was thinking of doing microdermabrasion, or something along those lines.

Quick update: As always i love this stuff...i wear it during the day and stay out for up to 14 hours at a time without any new pimples...but i come home to nice, even looking skin. Even washing my face and applying Benzaclin / Duac i can tell the Difference on how smooth my skin feels...

Honestly i would be EXTREAMLY screwed if i didn't have Finacea...and i thank god/gods/whatever you believe in, that Finacea was made...between work and school i can't get away with wearing Benzaclin/Duac because it's too drying and the moisturizer i use to combat it, is too greasy and shiny. So for Finacea to be able to get rid of redness, disappear as soon as i apply it, not dry my face out and kill bacteria while shedding my skin so it doesn't get clogged and so that it's looks and feels smooth...well it's a god-send and it's keeping my highly afloat right now.

for $30 bucks for a 50g tube...you can bet i'm willing to pay that price without hesitation.

Quick update : Love this stuff....seriously....if you haven't tried it...well...just try it....

There's nothing to lose...but SO much to gain.

This wont help while you're actually on Accutane though, nothing can be done during the course to get rid of redness, but im certain it will have a positive effect after, I use it for red marks and it has given me slight improvment.