Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I only have to shave every few days, but when i do i get these like 3 pimples on the right side of my upper lip. Not on my lip but on the skin above, where a moustach would be. I wouldnt get pimples there if i didnt shave. I shave, next morning i have those pimples, they are gone in about a day. Then they come back next time i shave. I dont no how to make it stop because evertime i shave it irritates that spot and makes them come back up. agghh.

The red bumps you are getting probably arent pimples. The skin is likely just getting irritated from the razor. I used to have this problem on my moustache area as well, I would get red bumps that looked like small pimples. To stop from getting them I started using a less irritating razor, the Gillete Sensor 3 works well, also I started using a shaving cream that didnt have any fragrances or things that could irritate the skin (just get one that is made for sensitive skin).

Those 2 things will help BUT the most important thing is to stop shaving against the grain! If you shave up the hairs get cut to close and have to poke out from below the skin which causes the red bumps. So shave with the grain (down) only.

I get these bumps too when I shave. What shaving cream do you use? What about aftershave?

The red bumps you are getting probably arent pimples. The skin is likely just getting irritated from the razor. I used to have this problem on my moustache area as well, I would get red bumps that looked like small pimples. To stop from getting them I started using a less irritating razor, the Gillete Sensor 3 works well, also I started using a shaving cream that didnt have any fragrances or things that could irritate the skin (just get one that is made for sensitive skin).

Those 2 things will help BUT the most important thing is to stop shaving against the grain! If you shave up the hairs get cut to close and have to poke out from below the skin which causes the red bumps. So shave with the grain (down) only.