Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

i noticed that it seems that is more like sociably acceptable for a guy to have acne than a girl..it seems as though it is so bad for a girl to have acne..and for guys it is more acceptable

anyone else notice this?

I was just thinking about that earlier for some reason. It's true. I think maybe because girls are expected to look pretty and 'clean,' and (most) people assume acne is caused by poor hygiene? Just speculating, though.

I also think that a guy with acne can get a girlfriend easier than a girl with acne can get a boyfriend. Girls are more judged by looks and expected to look perfect all the time. My boyfriend and I have both struggled with acne so he always tells e I'm beautiful no matter what I look like.

the bf gf thing is very true i have so many redmarks and i have a gf but i have a problem just getting girls randomly..like i cant get any ass without having a gf idk if acne has an effect on that

I also think that a guy with acne can get a girlfriend easier than a girl with acne can get a boyfriend. Girls are more judged by looks and expected to look perfect all the time. My boyfriend and I have both struggled with acne so he always tells e I'm beautiful no matter what I look like.

dont worry im 20 and i never had a gf or even kissed a girl...and my acne is only mild when i DO have it...

yeah its like a sin for a girl to have ane for some reason, but if a guy has it its not so bad. i think girls are more likely to get the piss taken out of them. in my experience anyway. also its easier for a guy with acne to get a girlfriend i think as girls dont seem to care as much.

Guest Kimmay

Totally agreed. We have it worse :(

That is why there are more cases of eating disorders and things of that nature for girls. Guys have those problems too, but for girls it's more prevelant............. Girls really are judged more based on looks by society in general.

If you see a picture of an overweight guy, and another of an overweight girl, doesnt the guy seem just a bit more NORMAL?

Well it might be "more acceptable" for guys to have it, but you'll still get some nasty looks just the same. I know I have. That being said, I do feel for women in this department.

I'm a guy and even though I don't wear makeup, I've had my fair share of ups and downs regarding this disease.

My sister who is 18 is also dealing with acne and it doesn't seem to affect her as much as anyone else in my family.

I think it comes down to the strength of that person and what they will and will not allow to effect them. It's a great attitude to have because it won't matter then what is or isn't aceptable to other people, only ourselves. I feel your pain though.

Totally agreed. We have it worse :(

That is why there are more cases of eating disorders and things of that nature for girls. Guys have those problems too, but for girls it's more prevelant............. Girls really are judged more based on looks by society in general.

If you see a picture of an overweight guy, and another of an overweight girl, doesnt the guy seem just a bit more NORMAL?