Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
aspirin

Tips on Drinking Water

Plain water is really gross to me, doesn't matter if it's bottled or from the tap. The only water I've ever liked was when my family used to live in a townhouse and the water had a metallic taste. It was tasty in a disgusting way.

But it's supposed to be good for your skin, so I'm wondering if anyone has any "recipes" for water? Apart from adding stuff like ice tea and Tang mix, anything else I can do that would taste good but not use so much sugar?

I usually drink water in tea or with some lemon juice.

Filter your water. If it tastes gross it's probably because of your mouth. Try brushing your tongue or something becuase that is what you are tasting. If it's not that then it's either chlorine or sulfur. It's not sulfur if you are in an urban area.

Austin's water comes from lake Travis, which has algae overgrowth. A Brita filter does the trick.

But the OP says that bottled water is just as bad. I don't know what to tell you other than when I want water, I want water. I'm not looking for flavor. I'm looking to quench thirst.

I used to drink apple juice and kool aide a lot as a kid, so I sort of understand what you mean by cravings. However, I haven't had it for years and I've lost the desire for it. It might have something to do with insulin resistance.

Guest vegmom02

We have a water filter system at home, and I carry around Deer Park bottled water when I am out. Could you try a little squirt of lemon or lime in your water? That's what I had to do when I was pregnant, since plain water sicked me out then.

Plain water is really gross to me, doesn't matter if it's bottled or from the tap. The only water I've ever liked was when my family used to live in a townhouse and the water had a metallic taste. It was tasty in a disgusting way.

But it's supposed to be good for your skin, so I'm wondering if anyone has any "recipes" for water? Apart from adding stuff like ice tea and Tang mix, anything else I can do that would taste good but not use so much sugar?

I usually drink water in tea or with some lemon juice.

Add lemon juice maybe? Or lemon juice with stevia? I never used to like water but over time I really developed a taste for it.

maybe get your water some other way....i eat alot of oats that i make with water and you can make yummy scrummy soups too! Or just add low calorie dilute juice ribena do a really light one that's got vit C in.

i consume so much liquid i have to remain within 3 metres of a toilet at all times haha!

maybe get your water some other way....i eat alot of oats that i make with water and you can make yummy scrummy soups too! Or just add low calorie dilute juice ribena do a really light one that's got vit C in.

i consume so much liquid i have to remain within 3 metres of a toilet at all times haha!

it is sad to say, but the only water that I like to, is the water that comes from the tap at my house. It is probably the worst water to other people, and my city is not know for having clean water, I believe that there is a high amount of zinc in it, but I still love it.

I drink it like a fish! Its best to drink it at room temperature like someone mentioned earlier

Thanks for all the replies, guys :)

Filter your water. If it tastes gross it's probably because of your mouth. Try brushing your tongue or something becuase that is what you are tasting. If it's not that then it's either chlorine or sulfur. It's not sulfur if you are in an urban area.

Drink some distilled water. If you taste anything bad or don't like it, it is your mouth. I've tried this with people and it worked. It's not about brushing your teeth, everyone has tons of bacteria in thier mouths. Sometimes it just affects the taste.

Drink some distilled water. If you taste anything bad or don't like it, it is your mouth. I've tried this with people and it worked. It's not about brushing your teeth, everyone has tons of bacteria in thier mouths. Sometimes it just affects the taste.

Any water you consume should be distilled water.

There was a study done that bottled water is no more healthier than the water coming out of your garden hose.

Dr. Robert Ophaug, a professor of oral health at the University of Minnesota School of Dentistry, notes that tap water has another advantage many people don't think about: It typically contains fluoride. Many communities have elected to add fluoride to drinking water to promote strong teeth and prevent tooth decay in residents, though some groups continue to oppose this practice and believe it's detrimental to health.

Ophaug says bottled water often does not have fluoride added to it. Or, if it has been purified through reverse osmosis or distillation, the fluoride may have been removed. People who drink mostly bottled water, especially those who have children, need to be aware of this, he says. They may need to use supplemental fluoride that is available by prescription from dentists or doctors. The supplements are usually recommended for children ages 7 to 16. Fluoride supplements cost around $15 for a three-month supply.

http://www.fda.gov/FDAC/features/2002/402_h2o.html

Distillation will kill and remove bacteria, viruses, cysts, as well as, heavy metals, radionuclides, organics, inorganics, and particulates. And yes, it will remove minerals, which fall under inorganic contaminants. Whether the minerals in water are beneficial or useless has been an ongoing debate.

"Distilled water has an inherent quality. Acting almost like a magnet, it picks up rejected, discarded, and unusable minerals and, assisted by the blood and the lymph, carries them to the lungs and kidneys for elimination from the body. The statement that distilled water leaches minerals from the body has no basis in fact. It doesn't leach out minerals that have become part of the cell structure. It can't and won't. It collects only minerals that have already been rejected or excreted by the cells...To suggest that distilled water takes up minerals from foods so that the body derives no benefit from them is absurd."

http://www.durastill.com/myths.html

yep that's it with the oats, if you read the instructions it should give you a guide...you can do it with the the big rolled oats in a pan on the cooker stirring continuously or if you like you can be lazy like me and use the readybreak kind they're really fine (like a powder almost) but it's still 100% oats the guide is 150ml water for every 5 heaped teaspoons of oats, i do these in the microwave 1minute stir 30 seconds stir and wait to cool! When i use the big rolled oats kind i did 1 cup of water for every half cup of oats if that helps. Takes some practice for right consistency (did for me anyway lol)

i've been mixing hemp seed powder in with mine for added goodness looks a bit odd at first but is really filling and healthy! i've just had it for breakfast actualy!

:angel: i feel all good!