Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Ive been experimenting with different moisturizers. The latest one I used was an Oil of Olay product. I didnt like it because it didnt moisturize well and it made me break out. I was at Walgreens today when I came across Jason Natural Cosmetics Ultra-Comforting Moisturizing Creme, Aloe Vera 84% 4 oz (120 g). I use Jasons Biotin Shampoo and Jasons Biotin Conditioner and I love the. I decided to buy it. Are any of these ingredients harmful? I dont know much about that. Aloe Barbadensis (Aloe Vera) Leaf Gel (Certified Organic), Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavendar) Extract (Certified Organic), Aqua (purified water), Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil (Certified Organic), Glycerin (Vege), Anthemus Nobilis (Chamomile) Extract (Certified Organic), Calendula Officinalis (marigold) extract (Certified Organic), Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, Stearic Acid, Sesamum Indicum (Sesame) Seed Oil (Certified Organic), Oryza Sativa (Rice) Bran Oil, Cetyl Alcohol, Retinyl Palmitate (Vitamin A), Caprylic/CapricTriglyceride, Natural Tocopherol (Vit. E), Methylglucose Sesquistearate, Potassium Carbomer, Ascorbic Acid (Vitamin C), Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Seed Extract, Sodium Benzoate, Potassium Sorbate, Natural Color, Fragrance Oil Blend

I use Jason shampoo and conditioner too and my hair is much better now. I was gonna buy the Jason vitamin K fade cream but I figured why spend the $15 cause my redmarks are almost completly gone. I like the fact that they don't test on animals. Most of the ingrediants are good but a couple are questionable but I don't know for sure.

I use Jason shampoo and conditioner too and my hair is much better now. I was gonna buy the Jason vitamin K fade cream but I figured why spend the $15 cause my redmarks are almost completly gone. I like the fact that they don't test on animals. Most of the ingrediants are good but a couple are questionable but I don't know for sure.

Twiddles thumbs I wish I would get a reply to this. This shouldnt be that difficult to answer. Surely someone knows if any of these ingredients are harmful, which ones, and why

it looks good to me. but im no skin professional lol. but seriously it looks safe if its mostly aloe anyway.

Guest vegmom02
Ive been experimenting with different moisturizers. The latest one I used was an Oil of Olay product. I didnt like it because it didnt moisturize well and it made me break out. I was at Walgreens today when I came across Jason Natural Cosmetics Ultra-Comforting Moisturizing Creme, Aloe Vera 84% 4 oz (120 g). I use Jasons Biotin Shampoo and Jasons Biotin Conditioner and I love the. I decided to buy it. Are any of these ingredients harmful? I dont know much about that. Aloe Barbadensis (Aloe Vera) Leaf Gel (Certified Organic), Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavendar) Extract (Certified Organic), Aqua (purified water), Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil (Certified Organic), Glycerin (Vege), Anthemus Nobilis (Chamomile) Extract (Certified Organic), Calendula Officinalis (marigold) extract (Certified Organic), Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, Stearic Acid, Sesamum Indicum (Sesame) Seed Oil (Certified Organic), Oryza Sativa (Rice) Bran Oil, Cetyl Alcohol, Retinyl Palmitate (Vitamin A), Caprylic/CapricTriglyceride, Natural Tocopherol (Vit. E), Methylglucose Sesquistearate, Potassium Carbomer, Ascorbic Acid (Vitamin C), Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Seed Extract, Sodium Benzoate, Potassium Sorbate, Natural Color, Fragrance Oil Blend

OK, the Cetyl alcohol is commonly added to products as a drying agent so it doesn't forever stay wet on you. It isn't too great for your skin, either. Methylglucose is something to stay away from, as is anything starting with "methyl"...it's a preservative. There have been studies to indicate that the methyls/parabens are xenoestrogens which interfere with hormones in the body. My husband looked up carbomer for me last night (I was researching the Ponds ingredients while at Walmart via my cell phone with my husband at home on the internet) and it is a lubricant, commonly found in eye drops, so it should be OK. The sodium benzoate and potassium sorbate are considered to be "safe" preservatives and are often found in food. All the rest of the ingredients are extracts and vitamins, which are just fine. Overall, the ingredients in this product are not too not a terrible, but it does contain a few ingredients that I personally I would stay away from. You will just have to decide how much you really like the product and if it works well for you, then a few ingredients may not be of concern to you.

strangely enough im looking for a moisturizer because i didnt feel like getting complex 15 off the net. where did you purchase it? =]

Several ingredients are mildly comedogenic:

Almond Oil

Avocado Oil

Sesame Oil

Stearic Acid

Cetyl Alcohol

As a rule, it is best to stay away from products that contain multiple natural or essential oils. They can be pore clogging for many people.

cetyl alcohol is a moisturizer in spectrogel that i use once a week to wash my face

do you think i should stop using it for that ingredient alone? all the other ingredients in it look safe