Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
fallsauce

What should I start with

I tried BP last year but it made my cheeks inflammed and now I have red scars and two light brown patches there. Didn't really do anything for my forehead, which still has loads of whiteheads. (pretty sure that's what they are. Solid white stuff comes out if you squeeze it, but IT DOESN'T GO AWAY!)

I want to try natural remedies because it's generally cheaper and I can always use the products for something else if it doesn't make a difference.

But what should I start with? They all sound so interesting! My list of ingredients currently contains:

- Lemon (tried with 50% and 50% water - might have worked a little in shrinking some of the whiteheads. Though I'm not sure. Maybe I should have taken pictures.)

- Honey (in mask form - what's it best with? Lemon, TTO or ACV? I've heard egg whites and avocado too.)

- Tea Tree Oil

- Apple Cider Vinegar

- Aloe Vera

Thanks, guys!

Guest Sincerely Me

For redmarks and discoloration, I say go with the ACV first, it seems to produce results for people, and I myself just started using it again, and I love it. You can still use aloe vera and teas tree oil, and the mask, but they all seem to treat/help different things. You can use the TTO, ACV and aloe everyday, the mask I'd only do once a week though.

ACV is your most basic. Its inexpensive, and it produces good results. Use it for fading away your red marks and smoothing your skin. It can also serve as an antibacterial. I have been using ACV for a few weeks, and I have seen improvement on red marks.

- Lemon (tried with 50% and 50% water - might have worked a little in shrinking some of the whiteheads. Though I'm not sure. Maybe I should have taken pictures.)

- Honey (in mask form - what's it best with? Lemon, TTO or ACV? I've heard egg whites and avocado too.)

- Tea Tree Oil

- Apple Cider Vinegar

- Aloe Vera

Thanks, guys!

I've tried every one of those. They did nothing. If you truly want to use "natural" remedies that actually might work, try diet changes and/or internal cleansing. It is highly unlikelythat "natural" topicals will clear acne. To truly treat something naturopathically, you treat the source, which means deducing and treating the underlying cause of your acne. If you don't want to do that, you're better off with chemical topicals...with the exception of jojoba and emu oil, which are the best moisturizers, IMO, but they won't cure acne.

That's just the brutal truth. Believe me, I tried 'em all. :boohoo: Just trying to save you some time. :D

aloe-vera works awesome after shaving, acv is awesome for skin redness and also i find it good for blackheads, but it is drying so you might want to moisturize with it, i dont like lemon that much cause it stings, and tea tree oil did me more harm than good

this is what i do and you can probably do it too since it includes some of your choices...

day:

1. cleanse face with a mild cleanser/lukewarm water

2. wash my face with cold green tea OR just cold water with 2drops of ACV

3. mix acv with water (1:1) use Q-tip to put ACV/water on my red marks

4. moisturize with complex 15 (only moisturizer that does not break me out)

night:

1. cleanse face with a mild cleanser/lukewarm water

2. get a HOT towel..put it on my face to open up my pores

3. egg white mask (amazing stuff!!!!) for 15mins

4. wash with lukewarm water first then cold water

i dont moisturize at night.. i put neosporin on sometimes when i need to squeeze out some whiteheads

but here comes my question---

IS IT BETTER TO LEAVE ACV ON OR WASH IT OFF? some say i hav to leave it on some say i need to wash it off.. wth.. which ones correct??? and is it better to put ACV on ur entire face? cus i only put it on places where i have red marks..