Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
-lxl-

Lac-hydrin

I went to CVS today to buy Complex 15 but... there was none there which sucked :naughty:

but when i was looking through the shelf i found Lac-hydrin... i heard this is also a good moisturizer too but i heard it can make your face greasy and oily-looing

thats the last thing i want to do... my redness just stands out on my face when i get oily

so rite up until now i was using Neutrogena Healthy Face Lotion w/ SPF 15

it kinda made my face more redder and slightly oily but it wasnt a major problem... but it didnt take care of my flakes on my chins well

I was wonderin for people who uses (or has used before) Lac Hydrin i wanna hear how it reacted to your skin (how oily it got, irritatin, maybe breaking out from it, etc...)

haha coincidence?! i heard it was somewhat like NHSFL but with lactic acid which is milder

i just hope it hydrates better than what im using rite now :P

LHF is milder than NHSFL. If you put a pea-sized blob or two into the palm of your hand and add a few drops of water, then rub your palms together to "thin" it and then apply, it will go on well and not leave much shine at all. That's how I used it.

Keep in mind that it doesn't have any spf in it.

it feels real light so i dont think i need to mix with water

i just had a problem with flakes around my mouth... but im sure the lotion will take care of it eventually

Lac hydrin didnt make my face redder and oily than NHSFL but just not moisturizing enough....

i guesss the search for moisturizer continues...

It doesn't make me shiny & I use a big blob with no water. Once it absorbs it doesn't look shiny to me or feel greasy. When I first started using Lac-hydrin 5 it would sting quite a bit though. I started out only once a day & then increased to twice a day. Now I use it once or twice a day, depending on how dry my skin is. It really helps with flakes & moisturizes pretty well. I use it with jojoba oil & my skin isnt dry at all now.

I also had some redness from it the first week or so, but that dies down too.

Is it normal to have increased flakiness when first starting Lac Hydrin? I've been on the Regimen for a month and I've never had any flakiness at all. Honestly I didn't really understand what everyone meant about battling the flakes. I used it for the first time last night, and I didn't have any stinging or redness. This morning I used Complex 15 because I wanted to start with Lac Hydrin only once a day at first. After I put on my makeup, my face was very flaky. I should have used the Cetaphil, which I'm going to do tomorrow.

Did anyone experience more flakiness when you started using Lac Hydrin at first???

I have super oily skin also.

I've been using Lac-Hydrin Five for about 10 days or so. At first it helped but not a whole lot with flakes. Now, even though I've upped my BP dosage a bit since starting the regimen, it really gets rid of flaking. I'm using it twice a day - it does sting sometimes, but it's not too bad and only last for a few minutes. I stopped using the Neutrogena Healthy Skin mositurizer because it stung and didn't do a good job with getting rid of flakes. The consistency of the Lac-Hydrin Five is perfect for my skin, but may be a bit heavy for some people's skin. I also use Cetaphil with SPF in the morning overtop the Lac-Hydrin Five (the one negative I've found is that it doesn't contain spf..ugh). You could try mizing the Lac-Hydrin Five and another SPF mositurizer to make it lighter if it's really too heavy. I hope this helps - right now I am raving about this product because I've been trying to find a new moisturizer to help with flakes after Eucerin's Skin Renewal moisturizer was discontinued. I can honestly say I like Lac-Hydrin Five more! :dance:

Is it normal to have increased flakiness when first starting Lac Hydrin? I've been on the Regimen for a month and I've never had any flakiness at all. Honestly I didn't really understand what everyone meant about battling the flakes. I used it for the first time last night, and I didn't have any stinging or redness. This morning I used Complex 15 because I wanted to start with Lac Hydrin only once a day at first. After I put on my makeup, my face was very flaky. I should have used the Cetaphil, which I'm going to do tomorrow.

Did anyone experience more flakiness when you started using Lac Hydrin at first???

i think your skin started to flake b/c its exfoliating the outer layer of the skin

so the flakiness will die down when you stick with Lac-hydrin because it has AHA

i dunno about complex 15...

it hydrates the skin and not greasy but people complain about the flakiness control... not very good

man its so painful to having to worry about flakes emerging when i laugh (happened once today...)

The perfect moisturizer quest is never ending.....

I can't wait to try Dan's moisturizer...whenever that is ready.

i dunno about complex 15...

it hydrates the skin and not greasy but people complain about the flakiness control... not very good

man its so painful to having to worry about flakes emerging when i laugh (happened once today...)

The Complex 15 was working perfectly for me. Like I said before, I didn't have any flakiness problems until I started the Lac Hydrin a few days ago. I'm gonna give it a few weeks and if the flakiness doesn't subside, I'm going to stop using the Lac Hydrin.

good luck rush25... hope it works out for ya

Lac-Hydrin seemed to helped my flakiness today so... im gonna keep at it :D

I hope it works too! My skin get irritated very easily so I think it's just the initial exfoliation from the AHA. I'm gonna pick up a baby brush as well so that I can use that in the shower every few days.

I'm determined to make it work!!

:dance:

i used Lac-hydrin on my nose during the day yesterday

at night, it turned red and my nose became real sore...

i dont think moisturizing throughtout the day isn't a good idea

i looked through the ingredients and i found diazolidinyl urea on Lac-hydrin

just heard stuff about ureas, so is this good call or what?

I've been on the regimen for 6 months you guys. As anyone can attest to on this board if you give the regimen 3 to 4 months of strict use then you will notice that you will never come on this board or website near as much as you're used to.

Reason: RESULTS.

I used to visit this site every day. Now it's every two weeks, and that's only because I want opinions on the health of the skin and when Dan is going to release his moisturizer. At the end of the 3 month period flakiness was suddenly non-existent. I've been waiting to receive my lac-hydrin from drugstore.com (delayed big time) and have not moisturized for a week. Not one flake! Your skin adapts and sheds. You just have to suffer for 3 months.

i think moisturizing is necessary, every day

i dont think i want to leave my skin flaky for 3 months just to be flake-free for some time

I'm not going to keep using Lac Hydrin. I've been so flakey the past few days that I cannot stand it. Seriously. And I started breaking out as well. I didn't use it last night or today and my skin already feels better. So much for that.

I'm so disappointed.

im sorry Lac-hydrin didnt work for you

some things are not right for some people...

(like i used Neutrogena Oil-free moisturizer w/ SPF and broke out)

I spoke too soon! I started Lac Hydrin again (I swear...I'm super determined to make this work!!), and I just started using it morning and night instead of nights only to get used to it. And I absoluely freaking love it. All flakiness is gone.

Heaven in a bottle.

I seriously recommend this stuff.