Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
The XI

What to do with a whitehead?

I was wondering what's better, popping a whitehead and applying BP over it? or leaving the whitehead and applying BP?

Popping it gently and then applying BP works best in my opinion. Just wash your hands throughly. Q-tips work better to pop them because they dont have any oil or bacteria that your hands (mainly fingernails) have. Also, stop squeezing once you see blood. Wipe it away with a tissue or something. And then lightly apply BP in the area.

I find that if you squeeze the hell out of it and draw blood it lasts twice as long. But if you get one that comes out quick with no blood it will be gone by next morning/2 days.

what i do is wait till the head seems lik it has a hard white ball in it you know...then i soak it in hot water...then i pop it...remove the white ball...let it bleed a bit if it needs to....apply some more hote water...cleanse...then put ice.....then rest of my regimen [bp etc.] This method usually has the pimple dead by the nexy day and i havent experinced any that resurfaced in the same spot..but you do get a lot of red/brown marks...but i lik that better then a huge red spot with a white dot on it...

let the time do its thing... it dries and heals out eventually

falls off like a scab

Here is what I do but It does not make any astounding achievements for me and I'm here looking for help so take this or leave it.

I pop it when it becomes white and stop when a little blood comes out while washing in the shower. That way it stays generally clean.

HOWEVER if it comes back in the same place again, leave it for awhile. Like a week or so. It is a little embarrassing but it eventually falls off. Luckily Minocyline is keeping most of my white heads away from my skin.

That is what I do.