Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Mandy Ann

Urgent! Need color help!!! :(

I am about to purchase Laura Mercier Secret Camouflage concealer online. My problem is, I have noooo idea what color I should get, so I need all your input :pray: Just give me your opinion on what YOU Think would be best. I have very pale skin and always have to get the lightest shade foundation wherever I go. This whole "two color" thing is really confusing me. Help! :(

http://about.nordstrom.com/help/livehelp/l...3Dsearchresults

Yeah I was so confused about it :( The light one looks good and everything but the 2nd color it comes with is soo dark! ugh

lol Mandy.... i just got home a little while ago and just now saw this. and since when are you buying department store makeup, and making ONLINE purchases no less?! :shock:

:lol:

okay, well, i'm not sure if you've purchased already.... but here are my thoughts. even though i loved the stuff, i was totally confused by the color matches too! i guess the double shade thing would please some people, but it only frustrated me since all the shades looked too dark and once again (this ALWAYS happens to me) the moronic salespeople kept recommending the wrong color for me. everyone always wants to go dark on me. IMO this happens partly b/c of the chin scarring, and partly just b/c tanning is in "style," so they assume everyone wants a makeup tan, which i DON'T :hand:. and since my neck is so damn pale next to my face, it just ends up looking weird.

ANYWAY, i honestly wouldn't recommend buying any foundation or concealer over the internet, if it's not mineral MMU. i mean, particularly b/c this is department store makeup, very expensive, and likely harder to return or exchange than if you purchased in person (i'm not familiar w/Nordstrom's online return policy, but it was annoying when i returned some LM products back to them by mail...).

i agree, you and i probably have a pretty similar color.... probably similar to Sephora's too. :P problem is, i can't remember which palette ended up being best for me. i think what it was.... was they were recommending SC-2, and i kept thinking i needed SC-1? but i think SC-1 was too pink, and (naturally :rolleyes:) SC-2 was too tan. i THINK it was the SC-2 that ended up working out best, but i just can't recall!

to be honest, i've been long due for a trip back to LM myself, to investigate and buy one, just to have on hand. but i've been on this makeup break for at least a month now, so i haven't felt the need yet. :P right now as i'm thinking about it though, i think the ideal for me (and possibly for you?) would be to buy both SC-1 and SC-2, try them over a small period of time at home, and in natural light, etc. etc., and see which one would be best to return.

so, like, am i too late? did you buy yet?

Nope I didn't buy it :lol: I decided it was a bad idea for me to try and guess what my shade was over the internet, so im going to head up to Younkers tomorrow and just stick to estee lauder or prescriptives so I can test it out! :P

ok, glad you didn't buy!

actually, you do know you can try on any department store makeup in the store, right? i just prefer (once i have a good idea of my shade) to buy it and try at my leisure at home. but that's just me. :P

so what's up with this sudden switch to dept store brands, woman? i'm surprised! :)

yeah... i agree. definitely better matches in general.

well, even if you don't buy it, i still recommend that you try the LM SC sometime (if only in the store :P)... i think you'll really like it. :) and when i eventually go back, i'll let you know what i pick, too.

mandy, are u going for estee now? if u are.. just to let you know.. estee was my FIRST choice when i started wearing make up.. and my skin went crazy on me.. i got like a make up poison, something similar to it. got all these weird bumps all over my face and my face was hella itchy.. after spending over 200 on my first make up purchase, i threw everything away, rested for awhile (no make up) and once my face got better (which took about a week) i got stuffs from bobbi brown and it worked out great!! bobbi brown is awesome, one of the high quality make up out there. known for natural look. but i stopped using BB (used BB for 2yrs w/o any problem) since i started breaking out..sticking with MMU for now... do not like it at all... =(

wow Acne, that's terrible! :( Mandy, i was actually gonna say something about the Estee Lauder too -- in my experience it's crammed w/a lot of fillers, including fragrance - esp. considering the price. but i didn't want to discourage you (or push the LM), since you seemed so excited. :P and of course, i'm sure you've read your share of MUA reviews already, and are happy with your decision. :D

wow Acne, that's terrible! :( Mandy, i was actually gonna say something about the Estee Lauder too -- in my experience it's crammed w/a lot of fillers, including fragrance - esp. considering the price. but i didn't want to discourage you (or push the LM), since you seemed so excited. :P and of course, i'm sure you've read your share of MUA reviews already, and are happy with your decision. :D