Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Erox

Trying to Balance Omega 3 Omega 6 Ratio

I was trying to balance my Omega 3 Omega 6 ratio and for the majority of my meals, I try not to have food which has too much Omega 6 in it. I'm taking Fish Oil 600mg each day but I know my Omega 3 Omega 6 ration is not balanced because of dinner. I would normally have broiled chicken or hamburger but because of either of those and because I use Canola or Oilve Oil when making pasta (in order to prevent it from sticking) the ratio is not balanced. I would prefer not to take too much Fish Oil each day which is why I have decided to only take 600mg for now. Do any other people have difficulties with balancing their Omega 3 Omega 6 ratio because of diner or have any suggestions on how I could change my dinner to have less Omega 6 in it?

600 mg of omega 3 or 600 mg of fish oil?

You need more than 600 mg of omega 3 to work effectively. Don't sell yourself short and hit 3 grams, it's a safe maximum dose. Sometimes I hit 3.6

It works rather rapidly as soon as you decide to increase it, I have found. With balancing it, i ran into the same issues, the days where I'd have more 6 than 3, I'd get more oily etc. This way your omega 3 quantity dominates any intake of omega 6 quite literally so you can rest easily. It's just 3 pills, 3x a day (with 1 more before bed).

Try it out for a week, some people take more, but as long as you getting more omega 3 than 6 to that extent, it will provide you with great benefits.

Sorry it is 300mg of DHA and EPH that I think is Omega 3 which I take twice each day. I was just a bit hesitant on taking that number of pills each day, even if people say it is a safe amount. Do people normally have different meals for dinner besides the ones I mentioned that might have less Omega 6 in it?

bump your daily omega 3 intake to a few grams a day

don't use cooking oil for pasta, actually try to use cooking oils as little as possible even EVOO because of the large omega 6 intake

if some of your pasta sticks scrape it off and eat it :)

Sorry it is 300mg of DHA and EPH that I think is Omega 3 which I take twice each day. I was just a bit hesitant on taking that number of pills each day, even if people say it is a safe amount. Do people normally have different meals for dinner besides the ones I mentioned that might have less Omega 6 in it?

Well you could eat fish for dinner! Also, if you buy grass-fed beef (it will more expensive), the omega ratios are much improved. If you can pay more money, consider also buffalo or venison meats that also are free-range and grass fed. You can normally find these at health/organic food stores. It is hard if not impossible to find completely grass-fed chicken, though.

The main thing is you want to cut out cooking oils and nuts. How much do you put in your pasta? 1 tbsp or less is not going to hurt much, just take one more fish oil pill. Also, consider adding ground flax seeds to your dishes to up the omega 3s. If you can cut out oils from frying meats or processed foods (these seem to be in almost everything processed), you'll be doing good.

Now, when balancing your ratios, I think it is very misleading that a 1:1 ratio is desired when trying to balance against fish oil. Our ancestors diet may have had such a ratio, but the vast majority of omega-3's had to come from ALA, not EPA and DHA unless we ate beyond shitloads of fish. I think extra amounts of EPA and DHA may or may not hurt, but I've since concluded that the idea of balancing o-6 to EPA and DHA at 1:1 is WAY more than what was natural for us.

Well when having pasta, I try to have the whole wheat type although normally I just use the normal type of pasta. Well since you mentioned the liquid form, I was wondering if it was certified free of metals and if there is a taste to it?

I thought that the ALA form of Omega 3 did not produce the same results that the EPA and DHA form of Omega 3 produced?

Well when having pasta, I try to have the whole wheat type although normally I just use the normal type of pasta. Well since you mentioned the liquid form, I was wondering if it was certified free of metals and if there is a taste to it?

I thought that the ALA form of Omega 3 did not produce the same results that the EPA and DHA form of Omega 3 produced?

Sorry but the liquid form, I was wondering if it was certified free of metals and if there is a taste to it?

Sorry but the liquid form, I was wondering if it was certified free of metals and if there is a taste to it?

so are there calories in the omega 3 supplements? (i can't see any indication on label)

thanks

p.s. sorry to be a'girl'

so are there calories in the omega 3 supplements? (i can't see any indication on label)

thanks

p.s. sorry to be a'girl'