Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Vahkish

Started using dan's BP--Acne is by far the worst it's ever been

I tried, a while ago, to use Dan's BP. It really irritated my face and made it dry, so I decided to stop using it. A few weeks ago, I decded to try again, being more careful this time. Again, amazingly irritated, flakey dryness even in the midst of good moisturizer, so I stopped. Since then I've tried various regimens that didn't seem to help, only seemed to make things worse. I got some pimples on my chin (which is unusual for me, 90% of my pimples would appear on my forehead) So I decided to take a tiny bit of Dan's BP to spot treat them. Within a couple of days, they were nearly gone. And there was no irritation or dryness. So I decided to use a bit more and on a couple more spots on my face. I began to use a lot on my forehead because there was no dryness or irritation, and things were looking pretty darn good for the first week or so. Then I began to get enormous pimple after enormous pimple on my forehead. 90% of my pimples would appear on the left side of my forehead. I now have a good 20 pimples, about 6 of which are ENORMOUS and active, three of which are on my right side, which is very unusual. I also have quite a large one right inbetween my eyes (I have never, ever gotten a pimple there). I've been washing and applying the BP 2-3 times a day (no moisturizer, my skin isn't dry whatsoever), and my pimples just grow through it. These are the biggest, most irritating, most painful, most noticable pimples I've ever had. What the hell is going wrong? My face looked pretty decent for a few days, then one pimple after another started appearing overnight. This seems to happen with every regimen I try--It works fine for a few days, then after those few days, my pimples become the worst they've ever been.

Please help, what the hell is going on.

I think the problem is that you aren't using the products according to Dan's instructions.

You are applying it up to 3 times a day, without moisturizer. I'm not sure what cleanser you are using.

Anyway, read through the Regimen and try doing it exactly the way Dan describes. It works best when followed precisely. Give it a few good months of strict adherence and see if you don't get better results. You want to use a gentle cleanser, use a generous amount of BP, and use a moisturizer.

Good luck!

http://www.acne.org/regimen.html

step by step instructions: http://www.acne.org/regimen-instructions.html

I think the problem is that you aren't using the products according to Dan's instructions.

You are applying it up to 3 times a day, without moisturizer. I'm not sure what cleanser you are using.

Anyway, read through the Regimen and try doing it exactly the way Dan describes. It works best when followed precisely. Give it a few good months of strict adherence and see if you don't get better results. You want to use a gentle cleanser, use a generous amount of BP, and use a moisturizer.

Good luck!

http://www.acne.org/regimen.html

step by step instructions: http://www.acne.org/regimen-instructions.html

Breakouts can occur due to dryness and/or irritation.

It just works better with a moisturizer. I wish I had a dime for every time someone didn't want to use moisturizer, and had bad results, then added one in and started clearing up. lol.

On the "what to expect" page you'll see that a breakout in the first few weeks is actually very common.

http://www.acne.org/whattoexpect.html

If you use the products, just like Dan says to, your chances of clearing up are better.

Is your acne mild to moderate inflammatory acne? If so, this Regimen works very well for that, but you have to be patient and diligent and give it time. Any topical acne treatment program takes awhile to get the situation under control. Hang in there, we'll help you through it.

Breakouts can occur due to dryness and/or irritation.

It just works better with a moisturizer. I wish I had a dime for every time someone didn't want to use moisturizer, and had bad results, then added one in and started clearing up. lol.

On the "what to expect" page you'll see that a breakout in the first few weeks is actually very common.

http://www.acne.org/whattoexpect.html

My skin is very oily too, I totally know what you're going through. I'm right there with ya. But the amount of oil on your skin surface is not a reflection of the hydration status of your skin. The hydration status is the amount of water within the skin cells. BP can dehydrate the skin, a good moisturizer helps to replace that moisture. There are a few moisturizers that won't add too much to the shine factor, which is a big concern for many of us. Complex 15 is one. Lac-Hydrin Five is another, but it is more shiny than Complex 15.

If you need some more incentive to give it a go with Dan's instructions, read through the Success Stories.

http://www.acne.org/success.php

Those are what convinced me to give it an honest try. It's up to you though, of course, unless you feel you are allergic to it or something.

My skin is very oily too, I totally know what you're going through. I'm right there with ya. But the amount of oil on your skin surface is not a reflection of the hydration status of your skin. The hydration status is the amount of water within the skin cells. BP can dehydrate the skin, a good moisturizer helps to replace that moisture. There are a few moisturizers that won't add too much to the shine factor, which is a big concern for many of us. Complex 15 is one. Lac-Hydrin Five is another, but it is more shiny than Complex 15.

If you need some more incentive to give it a go with Dan's instructions, read through the Success Stories.

http://www.acne.org/success.php

Those are what convinced me to give it an honest try. It's up to you though, of course, unless you feel you are allergic to it or something.

Yep, that's inflammatory acne. That's what I have when I don't stay diligently on my Regimen.

This isn't an overnight cure, but if you hang in there it can help you manage your skin and keep your acne under control. But if you feel you can't keep up with a twice a day, every day, regimen then this may not be for you.

But your type of acne is what this Regimen works best on.

Do you by chance wear a hat or helmet? Is there anything that could be irritating your forehead area?

Yep, that's inflammatory acne. That's what I have when I don't stay diligently on my Regimen.

This isn't an overnight cure, but if you hang in there it can help you manage your skin and keep your acne under control. But if you feel you can't keep up with a twice a day, every day, regimen then this may not be for you.

Do you by chance wear a hat or helmet? Is there anything that could be irritating your forehead area?

I never wear a hat or anything of the sort. but I have longer hair that covers my forehead. i pulled it back in the picture so that you could see it.

Your hair products may be part of your forehead acne.

Do you use gel or anything in your hair? If you do, you might consider using Aloe Vera Gel as a hair gel, it shouldn't aggravate your acne.

If you want to give the Regimen a try, I'll help you through. So will everyone else in this forum.

I never wear a hat or anything of the sort. but I have longer hair that covers my forehead. i pulled it back in the picture so that you could see it.

ok, well at least we know hair products are probably not an issue with you then.

could it be the shampoo? or the hair itself?

Your bangs may be partly to blame, if they are rubbing on your forehead day and night.

ok, well at least we know hair products are probably not an issue with you then.

could it be the shampoo? or the hair itself?

It's often difficult to tell what may be a problem and what may not. If your forehead is the only place you breakout, maybe your bangs have something to do with it. But if you have the potential to break out all over, then I doubt your bangs are to blame.

I've always worn bangs, and surprisingly my forehead is the least of my problematic areas, lol. But I do have the potential to break out anywhere on my face really.

It's often difficult to tell what may be a problem and what may not. If your forehead is the only place you breakout, maybe your bangs have something to do with it. But if you have the potential to break out all over, then I doubt your bangs are to blame.

I've always worn bangs, and surprisingly my forehead is the least of my problematic areas, lol. But I do have the potential to break out anywhere on my face really.

Well, do consider giving the Regimen a try, you may find when you do it correctly it really can help.

Good luck! And don't hesitate to holler if you need any help.

Just to back what Brandy is trying to explain to you, nearly everyone experiences a breakout when first starting the regimen. Mine happened 3 weeks into it. All that crap that is clogging your pores has to come out of there so it is going to get worse before it gets better.

As for the moisturizer, its a vital part of the regimen. When the BP starts drying out your skin, you have to use a moisturizer because like Brandy said, dry irritated skin leads to broke out skin. Before I started the regimen I also thought "OMG, he wants me to use moisturizer on my already oily skin. Is he frickin nuts?" but I was determined that I was going to follow the regimen exactly. I have some oily days but not EVERYDAY like before the regimen. Thirty two days into the regimen I only have 3 small active pimples and thats it. It's important to stick it out through that initial breakout and do the regimen EXACTLY. If you can do that, I dont think you will be disappointed. Just make sure you only use the products that Dan recommends. You can buy everything you need at Walmart or the drug store but I have also heard great things about Dan's products. Lorrie

To be honest Vahkish, moisturizer is not going to do anything. I've been following Dans Regiment to a TEE for 2 years, no change with or without moisturizer. Also, not to push your buttons Brandy, it has nothing to do with my skin being oily or not, as like Vahkish mine does not dry out, hence, I don't use moisturizer. I did for a year, and there was no change. So don't waste your minutes everyday applying it, cause its not going to help. And don't go to your next default defense such as " must be the wrong moisturizer ", its not. I've tried over 10 of them, they are all roughly the same minus 1 or 2 ingredients. Acne will clear up when its ready to, end of story.

To be honest Vahkish, moisturizer is not going to do anything. I've been following Dans Regiment to a TEE for 2 years, no change with or without moisturizer. Also, not to push your buttons Brandy, it has nothing to do with my skin being oily or not, as like Vahkish mine does not dry out, hence, I don't use moisturizer. I did for a year, and there was no change. So don't waste your minutes everyday applying it, cause its not going to help. And don't go to your next default defense such as " must be the wrong moisturizer ", its not. I've tried over 10 of them, they are all roughly the same minus 1 or 2 ingredients. Acne will clear up when its ready to, end of story.

I understand. My buttons aren't pushed, we're here to share our experiences and I'm glad you did. You've gotten to use the Regimen both ways and found what works best for you, that's great!

But most people do find moisturizing necessary, and if Vahkish hasn't tried the regimen using the recommended protocol, he should give it a try and see if he can get better results that way. He'll never know if he doesn't try.

I understand. My buttons aren't pushed, we're here to share our experiences and I'm glad you did. You've gotten to use the Regimen both ways and found what works best for you, that's great!

But most people do find moisturizing necessary, and if Vahkish hasn't tried the regimen using the recommended protocol, he should give it a try and see if he can get better results that way. He'll never know if he doesn't try.

I can get pimples anywhere really. But as I said, about 90% of them are on my forehead, and prior to this last start-up of dan's BP, they were all on the left side.