Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
red_emerald

Effects of amoxicillin

Hey, so I was prescribed amoxicillin today for my throat and I was just wondering what kind of effects I should expect from it on my face. I've been really fortuntate lately in that my skin has been looking better (BP/vitamins/LOTS of water) and I'm afraid the antibiotics will break me out. I know I don't really have much of a choice in taking them or not, just trying to prepare myself here. Will amoxicillin have a negative effect (whether it be when I first start them or stop them) or am I being paranoid?

THANK YOU!

No...antibiotics do not break you out...they have no properties to break you out....they point on point wipe out bacteria in your body...nothing more...nothing less.

I took amoxicillian for my strep throat...and yes it did clear my face up...then again i was taking 1.5 grams of Amox and 200mg of Doxycycline...

Antibiotics won't make you break out..it's fine.

if anything it will make your skin clearer, though i was on amoxicillan for acne and it didn't really help.