Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Bunney

The temptation was too strong for me to resist...

Ahh!! I tried to resist but I couldn't! So after I washed my face I stupidly decided to squeeze some clogged pores/comedones (can never tell the difference) on both my cheeks and on the right side of my chin... I just hope they don't look bad tomorrow because my sister and her boyfriend are coming!! Also I have two whiteheads right next to my 2 scabs that won't heal :doubt: Ah well it could be worse... when I start I usually can't stop and end up tearing up my face...

But anyway does anyone have any goos tips to stop picking/touching their faces? I REALLY need to stop this habit...

lots of practice, time and willpower

after about half a year of willpower to overcoming picking/scratching i can have a crazy itch/irritation on any part of my body and just block it out of my mind and eventually it stops feeling irritated

keep repeating to yourself in your mind that WILL happen if you scratch/pick

If you feel like picking, simply remember that it hasn't changed and it's still there. Only touch when you are washing up, that way you can give in till you are satisfied as long as you don't pick at it. If you feel like touching, simply fan your face instead, it's best.

You know those soft mitts they put on babies to stop them from scratching themselves? Try that. :lol:

You know those soft mitts they put on babies to stop them from scratching themselves? Try that. :lol:

Or how about those lamp shade things they put on dogs?! lol Do they make them in human size? :lol:

Someone on these boards (sorry, having a brain freeze and can't remember who) posted a link to StopPickingOnMe.com last week. Even though so far I've only done a speed-read through the site, I feel like what I read there is helping me resist the urge to pick.

Actually, it's not even so much "resisting the urge to pick" -- I haven't been feeling the urge nearly as often or as strongly since I read the site. (And I'm going through some serious stress lately, which ordinarily leads to me picking more, not less.) I'm definitely going to go back to re-read it and take notes.

took me awhile to stop picking.... rite now im tempted to do so b/c i got a whitehead rite under my lips

i say you stop looking in the mirror to check upon it... it helped me soo much

Or how about those lamp shade things they put on dogs?! lol Do they make them in human size? :lol:

I was doing really good at not picking for a while but a couple nights ago I had one spot and I thought I could gently squeeze it out, well that was a mistake cause it made the area bigger and swollen and red!!! It looks a little better today. Aloe vera gel, acv and honey really helped a lot! Just remember picking always makes things worse!!! Whatever you do just remember to be gentle with your skin!!! A good thing for things you already picked is at night apply some aloe or honey to the spots and then cover it with a small bandaid that will help it heal and then you won't see it if you happen to look in the mirror.