Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
lucky girl

what is the best way to use Tazaroc

I am just about to start using Tazaroc and I was just wondering what is the best way to use it? How much is best to use at a time. Is it best to start really slowly , like once a week for a couple of weeks and then twice a week etc.? whn you use it at night should you moisturise after it? Also, what cleanser and moisturiser do you all use. Right now I am using Garnier feel Clean and Neutrogena Oil-free moisturiser but I am wondering if these will be enough if my skin starts to get dry? What are your experiences?

I was on Roaccutane for 8 months and in that time I used QV was and Cetaphil, should I go the same way with Taazaroc, does it have a similar effect on you skin as Roaccutane?

I am just about to start using Tazaroc and I was just wondering what is the best way to use it? How much is best to use at a time. Is it best to start really slowly , like once a week for a couple of weeks and then twice a week etc.? whn you use it at night should you moisturise after it? Also, what cleanser and moisturiser do you all use. Right now I am using Garnier feel Clean and Neutrogena Oil-free moisturiser but I am wondering if these will be enough if my skin starts to get dry? What are your experiences?

I was on Roaccutane for 8 months and in that time I used QV was and Cetaphil, should I go the same way with Taazaroc, does it have a similar effect on you skin as Roaccutane?

It depends on your skin type. Tazorac is more harsh than the other retinoids, but some argue this makes it ultimately more effective (including my dermatologist). I would suggest starting out with .005% (Gel if you have oily skin, cream if you don't) every other night. If there is no irritation within 2 weeks, move up to every night. If there is no irritation with every night after two weeks, move up to .01% every night.

Another thing I read in the results of a double blind study is that there is another method that almost eliminates irritation while retaining a lot of its efficacy. It's called "short-contact treatment". It's where you leave it on for 30 seconds to 5 minutes & then remove it. If all else fails, try that for a couple of weeks and see what happens.

In terms of a cleanser I use good old fashioned Cetaphil, & in terms of moisturizer I use MimyX. I rarely need the moisturizer however because I have oily skin.

For reference: http://www.skintherapyletter.com/download/stl_7_3.pdf

Yes, use the short-contact treatment method til you get used to it. Slowly increase the amount of time it's on til your skin gets used to having it on overnight.

I use Cerave - it's light, inexpensive, and has lots of good ingredients. Go to makeupalley for product ratings - they have an extensive list.

Ok thanks. And what about moisturizing before putting it on? Is this a good idea? If you put it on for five minutes and then wash it off do you just do that with water? I am just using Neutrogena Oil-free moisturizer which I don't exactly love. I used Cetaphil moisturizer when I was on Roaccutane. Would this be too heavy? I guess it depends on how dry I get does it? What criteria should I look for in a moisturiser? I am in Australia and those that you mentioned don't ring a bell so I am not sure you can get them here.

quick question, if you use the short contact method, what's the best way to remove the retinoid? do you guys just wash it off? and is the short contact method recommended by dermatologists?