Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
acnefightingmom

Haven't been here in awhile

I haven't visited this site in quite a while, but I have been on the regimen for just over a year with great results. I looked at Dan's blog today and noticed he was working on developing a SA product. Does he use this in place of the BP? Because my skin is well-adjusted to the BP, I've started using a SA toner. It seems to have worked quite well, but I still use the BP, and if I don't I will still get some zits. I'm just wondering why Dan seems to be changing his tune now.

I haven't visited this site in quite a while, but I have been on the regimen for just over a year with great results. I looked at Dan's blog today and noticed he was working on developing a SA product. Does he use this in place of the BP? Because my skin is well-adjusted to the BP, I've started using a SA toner. It seems to have worked quite well, but I still use the BP, and if I don't I will still get some zits. I'm just wondering why Dan seems to be changing his tune now.

He hasn't changed his tune. He wants to be able to provide an alternative product for people who are allergic to BP, or just don't like it.

So he is trying to formulate an exceptional SA product. At the moment while we are still trialing samples, he is using the SA product during the day and the BP at night.

If you are adjusted to BP and doing well, just keep on with it. If you've found an SA toner that doesn't cause irritation and it is working for you, then congrats.

I think Dan's experimenting with SA...

other members in this forum might have an answer for this

If it ain't broke, don't fix it. If your current regimen is working, keep it as is.

Salicylic acid's exfolaiting effects can be very helpful in comedonal acne characterized by blackheads and whiteheads/clogged pores/closed comedones. If the product formulation is right on, it couls help people address these issues. Sometimes, people find that BP isn't enough to unclog stubborn pores. So, maybe, if the product is effective, people may find an alternate regimen possibly utilizing both products for maximum effects.

Dan definitely still relies on BP for his acne prevention, and the SA, as I understand it, is just him testing out his own product. Maybe he'll alternate it with BP in the long run, maybe he'll go back to twice a day BP once he's sure that he's happy putting his name on the product, who knows. I'm superinterested in trying out using his SA product simultaneously with BP, which is what Paula Begoun recommends, and maybe stopping using AHA since I'd be more interested in unclogging follicles than superficial exfoliaiton. It's been claimed that if the SA product is actually good (which the vast majority aren't), then it shouldn't be excessively irritating to use it with BP, and I want to find this out for myself with Dan's. Paula's SA products, while not that expensive, are a little too pricey for me to feel like testing out now since I'm pretty happy with my skin on the regimen, but I do have some little comedones that I didn't have before and I think Dan's SA would take care of that.